What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Making Custard In Bulk (with or without Nic?)

Messy Beatz

Postman
Hi all,

If I were to make 500ml of custard to then use in the future for other mixes as it’ll already be steeped and ready, would i add the nic now or later when making the final juice?

I am not sure on this @Messy Beatz but I do know that flavourboss boss shots say add the nic after steeping. This is to ensure any issues with the shot is not confused or impacted by the nic I believe. Wiser apes please step in...

That being said I do not see an issue with adding nic later. Another post recently was talking about a custard base or stone for similar reasons...

I am not sure on this @Messy Beatz but I do know that flavourboss boss shots say add the nic after steeping. This is to ensure any issues with the shot is not confused or impacted by the nic I believe. Wiser apes please step in...

That being said I do not see an issue with adding nic later. Another post recently was talking about a custard base or stone for similar reasons...

I’ve read people do either or.... when making full juices as it’s preference.

Wanted to in the case of custard... does the nic help it mature or would it be fine as is. It’ll probably fall down to personal pref again ‘maybe’ but hopefully some experienced mixer can shed the light for me on this one.

I think it's the nic breaking down that aids steeping, so the process will be slower without it.

I would add it at the start, and if your nic level doesn't change you can stick it straight in to future mixes.

If you drop your nic level, it will be a simple calculation to adjust how much additional nic you need in the final mix.

In my experience nic doesn’t need steeping so you can add it literally just before you vape to no negative effect, whether it has an effect on steeping time isn’t something I considered though as when making custards I work on a 16 week minimum so no issues

I think it's the nic breaking down that aids steeping, so the process will be slower without it.

I would add it at the start, and if your nic level doesn't change you can stick it straight in to future mixes.

If you drop your nic level, it will be a simple calculation to adjust how much additional nic you need in the final mix.

So say I make the custard with VG/PG and nic already added do I then just split that when needed (say into a 30ml bottle) and top up with my fav fruits and vape away?

Or have I got this all wrong!?! :|

In my experience nic doesn’t need steeping so you can add it literally just before you vape to no negative effect, whether it has an effect on steeping time isn’t something I considered though as when making custards I work on a 16 week minimum so no issues

16 weeks.. wow. I can only imagine the results are nothing less then perfect custard. Waiting 3-4 weeks for certain mixes now is a struggle for me.

So say I make the custard with VG/PG and nic already added do I then just split that when needed (say into a 30ml bottle) and top up with my fav fruits and vape away?

Or have I got this all wrong!?! :|

That's how I would do it for a custard juice.

I also use custard in a lot of mixes where it isn't the predominant ingredient, and again use premixed rather than adding concentrate. This is a little more complicated, but there are plenty of people on here to advise if you can't work it out.

As for steeping time, plan ahead so you have plenty ready, and when your mix has reached perfection, put it in the fridge to stop the steeping process.

That's how I would do it for a custard juice.

I also use custard in a lot of mixes where it isn't the predominant ingredient, and again use premixed rather than adding concentrate. This is a little more complicated, but there are plenty of people on here to advise if you can't work it out.

As for steeping time, plan ahead so you have plenty ready, and when your mix has reached perfection, put it in the fridge to stop the steeping process.

Ok... I think I’m getting this now. So I basically mix up all my ingredients to make a base and treat that base as a new flavour. For example:

Van Custard v1 - 40%
Cheesecake (G Cracker) - 30%
Vanilla Shisha (INW) - 20%
Bean Ice Cream (TPA) - 10%

This totals to 100% ‘custard base’ and leave that to steep 4+ weeks.

THEN - making a recipe will be something like this:

70/30 VG/PG - 3MG nic

Custard Base from above - 10%
Strawberry Ripe - 4%
Sweet strawberry - 4%

Leave for a few more days to blend, then vape!

Is that right?

Not quite.
Making a base like you describe sounds quite tasty but it will still only be a concentrate which will need some blend time (steeping) once mixed.
Take your final base as described above and mix at the final intended flavour percentage to make a plain custard at 70vg/30pg with or without the nic added.
Then all you need to do is make say your suggested strawberry to mix it with using the same vg/pg, nic strength ratios.
Mix 50ml of your custard with 50ml of your strawberry to make 100ml strawberry custard.
Remember though you will need to double your concentrate totals for each one as doing it this way you will be doubling the rest of the ingredients.
Example..... your strawberry will need to be 16% total flavourings and your custard will need to be 20% total flavourings.

Back
Top Bottom