What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Making A Custard Base For Later Use, How To Go About It?

I think it's maybe subjective, but with flavour that needs to age (custard mainly, for me) I find it's better if you mix the flavours with the amount of nic concentrate that you need and let that steep. Then when it's good, mix up the vg/pg etc with it. I did this after Panos from atmos labs told me that strong nic has a beneficial effect on steeping. I had emailed him to ask why his premade mastic liquid was dark, when the concentrate is clear and very slightly cloudy. I thought at first the labels might have got mixed up.

I don't always manage to do it this way (cause it takes a bit of planning and you can't try it while it steeps) but I find it's much better if I can. The strong nic in there definitely affect the flavour development.

Makes sense, I also read somewhere that Nic has an affect on the steep process. I think to keep things simple for me at this stage I'm going to mix everything PG/VG/Nic and then Ince its steeped I'll split it into smaller bottles and experiment with fruits etc.

You could even try a small batch steeping the flavours with the nic, as an experiment, and see if you notice a difference. I think what is happening is that the mic concentration accelerates the aging.

Back
Top Bottom