What's new

Made some liquid and it came out horrible, what am i doing wrong?

Are your flavour ratios really so small? At less than 1% you won't get a nice flavour at all. The doughnut could be OK at 5% but it does depend on what it's mixed into. I have never used dx milk chocolate as I have a secret supply of something realistic for our flavours - typically though chocolates taste more like scotbloc cooking chocolate and my guess is that a dx version may well be along those lines being butyric acid based.

For marshmallow, do you have any ethyl maltol crystals? If not I would get some and mix them into PG at 10%, lightly heat it all in hot water to dissolve the crystals and try using that at a low percentage initially. Marshamallow can be just straight Ethyl maltol or a combination of that plus a flavouring so by using straight EM you get a 'pure' marshmallow/cotton candy sweetness to benchmark with.

I think the doughnut type flavours don’t agree with some people. I find them rank, they taste like yeasty cardboard to me, but some people seem to get a doughnut flavour from it. FA cookie on the other hand, is excellent for me. With butterscotch and coconut it’s one of the best things.
Did you ever try our CuDoh or BluDoh one shots? One of the things that people comment about the most is that they taste more like doughnut than any other flavour around - none of the playdoh taste.

Did you ever try our CuDoh or BluDoh one shots? One of the things that people comment about the most is that they taste more like doughnut than any other flavour around - none of the playdoh taste.

No, I’ve not tried any of your stuff, actually. I might have a look and give them a try.

The few pastry or donut type of concentrates I’ve had haven’t impressed me much. I’ve had more luck with biscuit types, though.

Mostly I’m a tobacco blend kind of person but I do like dessert vapes now and again, and sometimes mix them (sweet ry4 + FA cookie, butterscotch and coconut! :) ).

There are some shoddy flavours around tbh. Part of the biggest thing for me is finding which specific flavours from each manufacturer work best for the flavours we create. Rather than just order from one place we use about five flavour houses just to be very selective with flavours, it drives the cost and complexity up but worth it when you aren't willing to settle for mediochre juices.

Aye, I’ve had a few that seem to be popular but haven’t impressed me much. It’s subjective to a degree but I do think some flavours are just bunk. I mostly stick with FA because I’ve had the highest success rate with them but there are a few others I like as well.

Aye, I’ve had a few that seem to be popular but haven’t impressed me much. It’s subjective to a degree but I do think some flavours are just bunk. I mostly stick with FA because I’ve had the highest success rate with them but there are a few others I like as well.
The thing that I find with some flavours is that people go overboard with a single one - take most doughnut flavours as an example. Quite often people want for example a raspberry doughnut, they go in with 8% doughnut and 5% raspberry, add 1% sweetener (because, jam) and then 1% EM to soften the sharp notes. You may get the playdough notes off that and rather than trying to approach from a different direction it's just a 'bad' bunch of flavours.

Personally speaking, I would be looking at reducing the doughnut flavour down to where it gives some of the right bakery notes without the playdough but then bring up the cakey dough flavours using others such as biscuit, cookie or pastry flavours at small percents. Similarly with the raspberry I would look more to reduce that sweetener right down to a fraction of a percent (which is what we actually do when using any sweetener, if at all) but use different raspberry flavours that give the sour, sharp and sweet instead. This is all trial and error though and means buying flavours in samples from each brand and each variant they offer but then learning what their traits are when mixed with other flavours.

The final result from us might be 6-8 flavourings used compared to 3-4 but this is where you get a more complex finished product that will naturally deliver different layered notes as each of the flavourings does its job.

Back
Top Bottom