What's new

Long term nic storage - sterilise or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dissone

Postman
Hi all - after 2 years+ of buying premade juice the TPD has finally prompted me to get into diy. Now I have just had 2ltrs of 72 pg nic delivered courtesy of Darkstar and am about to decant it into 20 x 100ml amber glass bottles for long term freezer storage. Question is, do I need to sterilise the bottles first or should I stick em in the dishwasher on a hot wash, or something else?

A good dishwashing is probably fine but I wash, rinse, then stick them in the oven for half an hour at 150C just to be sure. Makes you feel confident that they are really sterile.
IMG_20151010_164601.jpg

Hi all - after 2 years+ of buying premade juice the TPD has finally prompted me to get into diy. Now I have just had 2ltrs of 72 pg nic delivered courtesy of Darkstar and am about to decant it into 20 x 100ml amber glass bottles for long term freezer storage. Question is, do I need to sterilise the bottles first or should I stick em in the dishwasher on a hot wash, or something else?

A good dishwashing is probably fine but I wash, rinse, then stick them in the oven for half an hour at 150C just to be sure. Makes you feel confident that they are really sterile.
View attachment 107783

Where do you guys get your 100ml amber glass bottles ?
Cheers :)

Welcome to the Planet.

Thanks for the replies - dishwasher then oven it is as I don't have any Miltons available.

Thanks oldleatherlungs - bottles were from ampulla.co.uk cost me just under £20 including delivery for 25 x100ml and they were really well packaged.

For those not in the know, Milton's are in most supermarkets, boots, pharmacies, mothercare and a few corner shops.

It's what you use to sterilise baby's bottles.

£1/£2 a box.

Sterile's good but you know if you're storing nic in PG ... not many germs are going to be alive in that bottle. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom