What's new

Last call for help!

bmkvaper

Postman
Ok I've tried my hand at DIY before, I've read everything google/ gaping forums/ mixing forums/ potv has to offer. Someone please help me.

Ive tried previously and got the same results so now I'm pulling my hair out with confusing.

VG/OG/NIC from darkstar
Flavourings from chefs vapour.
Recipe: online, with great reviews.

VG tested, fine.
PG tested, fine.
NIC tested, fine.

Even if I try a simple single flavour or a recipe with 5+ flavours same damn harsh chemical soap taste.

I've made a shed load of small 10ml batches, I've used both syringes and scales to measure in case one was inaccurate, I've used recipe calculators to find %'s, I've left the damn bottles open overnight... I've given it a "hot bath" steep method for an hour and then just left it in the drawer for 10 days. Tried it again today and yet again this god awful chemical/ soap taste.

Single flavours tried in small batches:
Vanilla
Cherry
Banana
Etc etc etc
Ranged from 1% to 15%, tried all options!

Recipe used:
Moustache milk clone
Fruit Circles - 9%
Fresh Cream - 3%
Bavarian Cream 2%
Dairy/Milk - 0.5%
Italian Lemon Sicily - 0.5%
Sweet Cream - 3%
Marshmallow - 2.5%

Ratio: 70/30
MG: 6mg

What the heck am I doing wrong?
Seriously can't keep buying these overpriced 10ml bottles that I think are mediocre. I want to get my DIY game up.

I'm unsure how helpful your perusal of "gaping forums" would be...but sound a interesting nontheless.
As far as getting the same awful taste/harshness regardless of the flavour used helps you narrow it down to either your other 3 ingredients, or the equipment used.
When you say the nicotine (likeliest culprit) has been tested as "fine"...can you elaborate ?
Is it 72mg ?
Are the bottles you use all the same and from the same supplier ?
...perhaps they have come into contact with some chemical during manufacture.
Maybe sterilising all your bottles and syringes etc would narrow your search down further as to the cause.

I'm unsure how helpful your perusal of "gaping forums" would be...but sound a interesting nontheless.
As far as getting the same awful taste/harshness regardless of the flavour used helps you narrow it down to either your other 3 ingredients, or the equipment used.
When you say the nicotine (likeliest culprit) has been tested as "fine"...can you elaborate ?
Is it 72mg ?
Are the bottles you use all the same and from the same supplier ?
...perhaps they have come into contact with some chemical during manufacture.
Maybe sterilising all your bottles and syringes etc would narrow your search down further as to the cause.
Gaping is my phone autocorrecting "vaping".
Lol sorry!

I mixed in a glass beaker and used glass dropped bottles to "store".

Testing the NIC: doesn't smell awful peppery although has scent of something with a yellow tint. Made VG/PG/NIC and was ok without flavourings.

As soon as I added flavour, be it 1 single flavour or a recipe with 6 flavours it just clocked up and tasted like soap and chemicals even after allowing breathe and steep for 10 days. Funnily enough I had my previous diy attempt batch from 4 months ago I cracked open and that was the same

Syringes are sterile,as for bottles I've used boiling water to sterilise too.

Gaping is my phone autocorrecting "vaping".
Lol sorry!

I mixed in a glass beaker and used glass dropped bottles to "store".

Testing the NIC: doesn't smell awful peppery although has scent of something with a yellow tint. Made VG/PG/NIC and was ok without flavourings.

As soon as I added flavour, be it 1 single flavour or a recipe with 6 flavours it just clocked up and tasted like soap and chemicals even after allowing breathe and steep for 10 days. Funnily enough I had my previous diy attempt batch from 4 months ago I cracked open and that was the same

Syringes are sterile,as for bottles I've used boiling water to sterilise too.
Was your batch from 4 months ago using the same nicotine ?
Go down to your local vape shop, buy a couple of nic shots and mix up a small batch.
If it's good...you have found the problem.

No that nicotine from 4 months ago was from chefs vapour this ones from darkstar and literally arrived the day I made my mixes

Is this what diy juice tastes like? Is it not possible to get that "premium" shop juice taste?

Last edited:
Is this what diy juice tastes like? Is it not possible to get that "premium" shop juice taste?

Why not try mixing some oneshots to see if it is your recipes.

Go to the mixshop and pick a cotswold concentrate or an Isle of Flavours one. I love Blueberry Sea Biscuit and Captain's Blue Dreams at the moment. Can't get enough of it.

Of course, it could be you have ultra sensitive taste buds ! [emoji6]

Once I started making my own liquid, I quickly made the transition from 6mg to 3mg.
The difference in taste is noticeable, whereas me missing that extra hit is not.

Why not try mixing some oneshots to see if it is your recipes.

Go to the mixshop and pick a cotswold concentrate or an Isle of Flavours one. I love Blueberry Sea Biscuit and Captain's Blue Dreams at the moment. Can't get enough of it.

Of course, it could be you have ultra sensitive taste buds ! [emoji6]
But I didn't contour up these recipes it's from online! Plus forget fancy recipes even my single flavour mixes taste awful. My tastebuds are probably bitches but this juice is unvapeable!

Once I started making my own liquid, I quickly made the transition from 6mg to 3mg.
The difference in taste is noticeable, whereas me missing that extra hit is not.

Yeah I appreciate that, good idea however when I do flavourless NIC, VG & PG it's fine at 6mg.

Hmm, fair point. Can you smell this chemical/soapyness in your concentrates on their own. Give each bottle a sniff.

Hmm, fair point. Can you smell this chemical/soapyness in your concentrates on their own. Give each bottle a sniff.

The smell of the concentrates are not bad, it does smell like the flavour but there is a hint of strange chemical scent in there

Back
Top Bottom