What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Large volume base mix question

asoni

Initiate
Will the new regs prevent sales of bigger qtys's of pg/vg, or is it only mixed e liquid that is going to have to be smaller then 10ml?

I usually buy 100ml of pg and vg, but just seen on dark star that you can buy a 1ltr of base mix for under a tenner, dirt cheap.

Realistically that will last me over a year. What is the best way to make sure it stays good for that long?

Obviously if the new regs don't effect sales of base mix then I don't have to worry about buying such a large qty.

Only nicotine containing liquid is limited to 10ml & 20mg max.
No nicotine, no issue.

Had to see what this "base mix" was but it's just PG and VG in various mixes, much cheaper to just buy PG and VG separately and no, as above, no restrictions coming as no nicotine involved.

Had to see what this "base mix" was but it's just PG and VG in various mixes, much cheaper to just buy PG and VG separately and no, as above, no restrictions coming as no nicotine involved.

It is, but it's something like £8 for 1ltr of it, how much cheaper can it really be buying seperate? Plus for me it's easier as I hate trying to mix vg through syringes cos it's so thick.

One of my questions still apply though. I might buy the 500ml version as no need to panic but now. How long does it stay good for?

Obviously also but nic due to diy, I assume that will be affected though so probably will need to stock up on that?

Buying seperate ingredients gives you more options so you can vary VG/PG ratio and use any reputable flavour or flavour blend from one of the big flavour houses and with some flavours you only need 10% while with others you might need 25%. With a ready mixed "base" you're restricted to a percentage of flavour.
You have to compare prices yourself and add in postage unless you're lucky to have a supplier near you so you can collect. £3 a litre for PG or VG should be normal (plus postage).
According to chemical industry standard advice the shelf life of of VG and PG is about two years from manufacture but might be a year old when you buy it.
Some vapers are stocking up on Nic and freezing it but no need to do that with VG and PG.

Last edited:
Good points in general, but I only smoke menthol between 60/40-50/50, so that's not an issue. And if I really did need to change ratio, I can always add more vg seperatly to the premix.

Ok so sorry for all the q's but have a few more. Just seen a premix that also includes nic in it. Again I know it's probably more expensive then buying it all separately but im happy with that as saves me mixing myself. All I have to do is add concentrate.

Adding nic to the premix, will that make a difference to how long the mix will stay good for?

And last question for now, when are the new regs coming into force and after that, will you still be able to buy nicotine but just in smaller qtys?

Good points in general, but I only smoke menthol between 60/40-50/50, so that's not an issue. And if I really did need to change ratio, I can always add more vg seperatly to the premix.

Ok so sorry for all the q's but have a few more. Just seen a premix that also includes nic in it. Again I know it's probably more expensive then buying it all separately but im happy with that as saves me mixing myself. All I have to do is add concentrate.

Adding nic to the premix, will that make a difference to how long the mix will stay good for?

And last question for now, when are the new regs coming into force and after that, will you still be able to buy nicotine but just in smaller qtys?

Fair enough if you're sticking with the same style of juice to vape (not "smoke" ...).
Nic juice will darken. juice without nic stays pretty much the same.
Keep it away from heat and direct sunlight.
19 or 20 May full Regs kick in (been coming in by stages for a year or so), no nic higher than 18mg and no bottles larger than 10ml (Regs stipulate max 20mg but 18mg is easier to work with or it fits in with what people are used to, multiples of 3).

Base mix is bad... If you make a mix that's say 20% flavouring and you have 30pg 70vg base your ended mix will end up close to 50/50 I made this mistake early on and ended up with loads of shit juice....I like high vg juice. But vg/pg will keep fine just nic that's going to be screwed

Back
Top Bottom