What's new

I've got this crazy idea: using cordial as flavouring?

ninjavape

Postman
The juice of 1250 blueberries in a 250ml bottle? How is that even possible? :hmm:

Tbh I don’t know. I like my concentrates in PG so I know it’s vapeable.

Don’t do it. Flavour concentrates are made up of artificial chemicals dissolved in liquid. Concentrated blueberry juice will have a lot of sugar and other solid matter that will burn, stick to your coils, taste manky and probably not be very good for your health.

Last edited:
The juice of 1250 blueberries in a 250ml bottle? How is that even possible? :hmm:
I'm guessing they remove the water content.

Don’t do it. Flavour concentrates are made up of artificial chemicals dissolved in liquid. Concentrated blueberry juice will have a lid of sugar and other solid matter that will burn, stick to your coils, taste manky and probably not be very good for your health.
That's my problem though, the artificial flavour tastes... artificial.
I used to be able to buy VG (AVG) based organic concentrate from justvape247 so I know it's possible but it's discontinued. There is logic in your argument about the solid/sugar matter though so maybe this isn't the avenue I'm looking for.

EDIT: But what if it could be filtered with something like a paper coffee filter?

That's my problem though, the artificial flavour tastes... artificial.
I used to be able to buy VG (AVG) based organic concentrate from justvape247 so I know it's possible but it's discontinued.

Is it really possible?
Or was it discontinued because it is not possible? Either it was not what it claimed or it did not pass safety tests?

There is certainly a market for things natural and organic yet you have to dig deep to find juices claiming this and no major suppliers.
Artificial flavours are known quantities while naturally extracted flavours or concentrates are likely to be more complex and as well as the sugars already mentioned, are likely to include oils and other components considered bad for vaping.

Having said that I have certainly seen folk extracting flavours for use in vaping from various natural products for vaping and they are all probably safer than smoking.

My opinion is that vaping is one of the few areas where artificial flavours are possibly safer than natural. I still do not like to consume unnecessary chemicals so I choose to mix at very low flavour levels which fortunately for me fits my experience that bought juice has too much flavour.

That’s an even worse idea.

You would need to find natural blueberry flavour concentrate.

You need to remember that you are puffing vaporised liquid with flavouring in it. It’s never going to taste like eating a blueberry.

In nature flavour comes from specific chemical compounds. Flavourists analyse things (like blueberries) and work out the exact compounds that provide the blueberry flavour and then they recreate it from scratch in a laboratory. This is what you’ll see sometimes labelled as nature identical flavours.

Natural flavourings are pretty much the same, just the flavour compounds, but extracted from the actual source (ie a blueberry) rather than made in a laboratory. The problem is it is hard or impossible even to remove all the impurities and isolate just the flavour compound, so they will always contain impurities.

What blueberry concentrates have you tried and at what concentration?

You could always just eat some blueberries and puff unflavoured liquid. That would be the best way of getting a natural blueberry taste.

Last edited:
As already mentioned here by a few people, do not do this.

Without knowing what concentrates you've tried and at what percentages people here can't help.

The best blueberry I've tried is the so called "Trinity" and it really is a good mix that will hold its own in whatever I've dropped in with it.

FA Bilberry 0.5%
FW Blueberry 2%
TPA Blueberry Extra 3%
FA Lemon Sicily 0.5% (optional but makes the flavour brighter)

Back
Top Bottom