What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

is my nic out of date/off?

Thanks for the confirmation mate, I didn't think it was my idiocy that was at fault lol
So what could it be that's took the strength away then? I'm at a loss!
Apart from shaking it before use, I've done everything right.
the only up side is I'll know to check this new batch hey?
They do say that VG nic needs a bit of a shake before you use it every time and when decanting. Not sure how necessary it is but I always do anyway. Can be warmed gently in water to make this easier.

I was cleaning my mixing cupboard earlier today and found an old jar of nic that's at least 2 years old that I stopped using cause I spilled some concentrate into it. I'd guess 40 to 50ml in the jar and it still looks like one homogeneous liquid, no layers or anything. Although it began life mostly clear and now it's turned morning piss yellow after a heavy nights drinking. The jar is staying sealed and going in the bin, don't want to know what it smells like.

I think once the nic is properly mixed into the VG, it's unlikely the two will "unmix". That said though I do give everything a quick shake (concentrates included) before I use it, more out of habit rather than necessity. I usually leave the nic I'm using in my cupboard and the rest in the freezer in 120ml bottles. And when my cupboard nic is running low, I'll take a bottle out the freezer and put it in the cupboard so when it runs out, I've got another bottle at room temp ready to go.

I think nic will only turn yellow and lose strength with age as it gets exposed to heat and air. Although you said you keep yours in the freezer, so it should last at least a couple years. It is possible that the 3mg nic you bought from the shop was mixed wrongly if they do their own DIY

As others have said, the first thing to do before you go out and buy more nic is to let your bottle get to room temperature and shake it for a minute or two.

FYI, I've just bought some more 7.2 nic and it tastes how its supposed to, guess I'll just have chalk it up to noobishness on my part but this is how we learn hey? [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom