What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

is my nic out of date/off?

johnnyx76

Postman
I bought 500ml of 72mg nic from darkstar just before the tpd kicked in and stored it all except a 30ml bottle (that I was using) in full amber glass bottles, double bagged and in a Tupperware box in the freezer, then just kept filling the 30ml bottle when needed (which stay's in the fridge, also double bagged)

anyway, I didn't think anything until I bought a 4 x 3mg bottles of store bought juice and 2 x 6mg juices (all 10ml) and I'm having trouble vaping the 3mg and the 6mg kicks me teeth in and gives me a headache.
I got them in a sale but they're all well in date but taste rough as fook!

I vape my diy juice at 5mg and I'm adding 4.2ml of nic to 60ml of juice and i'm chain vaping quite a bit too but I'm not getting any throat hit at all!

I'm at a loss as to what it is,
are my calculations right?
could it be the store bought juice? (even tho they were all different flavours/manufacturers?)
is my nic off?
any help will be greatly appreciated

I'd try a little tester at 12mg and see if it kicks your arse. If it does then it's probably fine. If it doesn't you may have cause for concern.

ive been doing the mrs' at 1.8mg and shes just decided to tell me they weren't very strong now (after 7 months!) so ill get home and have a try of one of hers and post back

still, if I'm vaping my diy juice at 5mg, I don't know why the 3mg store bought stuff tastes twice as strong?

Stupid question for you. When you Defrost your nic to fill the 30 ml bottle. Once its liquid you are giving it a damb good shake to mix the nic up properly arnt you.

Are you leaving it at room temperature when you take it out the freezer? I’d imagine any other method (like heating it) would probably not be a very good idea.

No I don't shake it, the only movement it gets is me pouring it out (so not much) but I'm always taking from the bottom with the syringe.
and no it's only ever out of the fridge/freezer when I'm using it

How do you manage to pour it straight out the freezer? Mine is super thick out the freezer, it’s like pouring in slow motion. A nightmare to know when to stop pouring, you have to do it about 10 seconds in advance. I let it rise to room temperature.

Definitely try giving it a shake.

I tried the mrs' 18mg and I chain vaped 10/12 times and only got about the same nic rush as caning a full tab, then I tried a drop on each coil of some 18mg juice from onepoundeliquid.Com and I didn't even get a quarter way through!
The calculations above are correct aren't they? I'm using the make my vape calculator

Aye, I work out your measure as coming out at 5.2%. Does the bottle say 72mg on it? Do you think it’s mislabelled, and substantially less than 72mg, then?

Back
Top Bottom