What's new

Is it deionised or distilled for mixing

Petebigmatch

Postman
Just getting in to mixing my own juices ,now what I would like to know is what do I use to thin down the vg liquid,some say de-ionised is ok to use and others say only use distilled, can a more experienced member put me on the right path
also where is the best place to get distilled,I have some de-ionised but don't want to start mixing till I know what to use
please advise
many thanks in advance
pete

It's distilled you want,cheapest place is right here on POTV. If you have a little hunt about,several posters have offered to send those in need bottles of it. If you also look up 'reverse osmosis' you'll find this is cheaply made and just as good as distilled.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

You can also use vodka to thin out,will give a bit more throat hit too so good for high VG mixes.

Does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

I literally have gallons of RO deionized here!!!!

Does it matter?

- - - Updated - - -

I literally have gallons of RO deionized here!!!!

I got 50 ml included with my mixing kit,have rarely used any water as I found it made my juices taste too weak(and also seemed to make the condensation in clearo's become an issue)

I always use deionised, have done for the past two years.

It's easier to keep deionised water away from the Sister in Law than it is Vodka when she visits.

RO water can be bought very cheap from aquarium supply shops. I can buy 25 litres for £4. It is very clean, but bring your own bottles, the ones at the shop aren't kept in sterile conditions.
Distilled water should be available at Halfords and also large supermarkets (look in the laundry aisle, it's used for steam irons).
For mixing purposes I should think any of the 3 are ok. There is so little in the juice, even tap water shouldn't create a problem. (Unless you live in the South East where we have liquid rock coming from the taps). Chlorine would be your only problem with tap water. You can check at your water supply website if they use Chlorine or Chloramine for disinfection. If they use Chlorine, let stand for 24 hours stirring occasionally. If they use chloramine, buy bottled water.
If you want to make sure it is germ free, boil for 20 minutes before useage (and let cool down with a lid on the pot)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

The only reason I can see for using water when mixing is to make the VG easier to work with. I use short, wide necked, 100ml containers (50p from Boots) that can easily accommodate up to a 20ml syringe and draw my undiluted VG straight into the syringe. I generally mix at 50/50 so the PG in the rest of the e-juice thins out the final mix. The only time I would dilute my VG would be if I was making an 80-100% VG mix for someone.

I do dilute my VG with distilled water, as been said above, lots use de-ionised also vodka. I have used all three and do not have any concerns with any of them

just come back from shops and saw in 99p store deionised water 2.5litre bottle for.. well obviously 99p!

Back
Top Bottom