What's new

Inawera percentages/drops

lemon22

Postman
H i guys,

I bought some inawera flavourings and am ready to go mix, but I'm unsure of the percentages to use. Is there an online guide here or anywhere that is good. The Inawera site itself looks ok but it doesn't even give Blueberry's percentage. Please give your replies in percentages rather than 'drops'.

My flavours are:

Blueberry
Pineapple
Watermelon
Caramel

Thanks!

lemon (my name, not the flavouring! :D )

EDIT: Actually give the 'drops' answer too. This is my first try at DIY and I'm thinking you just drop the flavouring straight from the bottle rather than put it into a syringe? Is this so you don't have to keep cleaning the syringes? between flavours. I'm just a bit confused as to why there is so much convo about drops per mil when wouldn't it be easier just to add to a syringe and get the exact percentage. Somebody please clarify.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I use this as a reference:

uploadfromtaptalk1409402048487.jpg

Just start with a small sample mix and up the flavour percentage to taste. The above pic isn't set in stone but it's not a bad starting point.

Edit: you get around 25 drops per ml so I'm sure you can work it out from that.

Last edited:
Hi lemon,
With the inawera flavours you are looking at mixing at around 5%.
The site says the bottles contain 200drop per 10mL - therefore each drop is equal to 0.05mL.
If the site says add 8-10 drops to 10mL, then add 0.4-0.5mL per 10mL (giving a final concentration of 3.8 to 4.7% v/v).
Hope this helps :)

I've tried a fair old range of different named concentrates, and one thing that I have found that is consistent to all of them, is don't be mean with your flavouring and lean towards the top end of their recommended dilutions. They are all as cheap as chips, so no need to skimp.

@StuPot Thanks. That's a good general guide.

@Wyn68 It does help, yes. Or each 1ml is 20 drops. So if I use an online calculator and I say I want 5% of 10ml ejuice, then it says I should use 0.5ml of flavouring, then that's 10 drops. Same thing I know but that's easier for my dim brain to process, lol. Thanks for your help and let me know if I've got that right.

@cheersm8 Thanks for that. I've read the opposite too, that some people recommend being cautious. I used a capella Bubblegum flavour and put too much into a 50/50 mix, it hurt my lips and I had to stop using it until I diluted it. Think that may have been my PG allergy though. I'm using 100% AVG nicotine base so the PG in the flavourings shouldn't be a problem if I use more. Think I will go with the standard 5%, err on the side of caution and say it's 20drops per ml (not 25) and see how that goes.

Thanks for your help guys and the quick replies. I really appreciate it. Finally started DIY'ing! Wahey!!! :D

I also got a mixing set that had a large 'mixing needle' and two small needles that almost look like small screwdrivers. What are they for? To stir the mix?

I've tried a fair old range of different named concentrates, and one thing that I have found that is consistent to all of them, is don't be mean with your flavouring and lean towards the top end of their recommended dilutions. They are all as cheap as chips, so no need to skimp.
As a rule I totally agree but with inawera being the one exception. These are genuinely strong and many are happy at 3%

lemon80, the needles are probably for drawing up the liquid from the flavour, nic, and AG bottles, especially if they have a low G (gauge) number. The lower the G numbe, the wider the bore and the easier to suck up viscous liquids.

Wyn68 Ok, thanks man. I didn't need these needles this time as the AVG I was using was thin enough to just use the syringes.

I went with 5% for fruit flavours and 8% for caramel flavour and am letting the juices steep a few days, giving them a couple of shakes a day. Hopefully they'll be ok to use soon. Thanks for the help.

lemon.

Greetings, thank you for this precious info, it’ll be much easier to mix 10ml bottles knowing how many drops it takes, rather than measuring with the syringe.
As I want to make a few 10ml test flavors, and I’m pretty new to DIY.
Did a batch of AM4A, 9 drops to get to 0.45 ml, I’m guessing I did right, and added two drops of 7Leaves.
0.8% nic.
I’m a smoker, and smoke Bali and Sauvage, looking for a good tobacco blend, as an ADV.

Any input is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom