What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I'm getting fed up mixing.

By starting with mixing single flavours, the. gradually starting to blend them together. It seemed like a natural progression.
That's what I'm starting to do.
I just had a thought, are you using salt nic by any chance?
No just normal nic. It's fine. Bought from a supplier recommended on POTV. I tested the strength too and it's spot on. It works fine on one shots. It's just the crappy recipes on ELR that I'm getting crap results. Probably cause they are crappy recipes.

Here’s my experience: I quit mixing.

99% of what’s on ELR is garbage. 99% of the diy ejuice reddit is bros trying to sound intelligent by throwing 30 concentrates in a bottle and writing an essay about it.

Too much hassle, took too much time out of my life. Now I just buy shortfills and add nic. And the occasional 30ml pack of Manabush.

Honestly. Given the quantity of concentrates I was buying I’m not convinced it’s made that much of a dent in the wallet either.
That is what I was thinking. The space and upfront cost is significant. It is a lot of trouble and many concentrates will need needed in small quantities. It's like stocking a full bar I think all the bitters and fruit liquors.

I would rather buy a bottle of coke instead of buying concentrate, bottles, co2 and the machine.

It is already enough with buying /building mods, making coils, wicking and everything else in comparison to a simple pod or stick dev

That is what I was thinking. The space and upfront cost is significant. It is a lot of trouble and many concentrates will need needed in small quantities. It's like stocking a full bar I think all the bitters and fruit liquors.

I would rather buy a bottle of coke instead of buying concentrate, bottles, co2 and the machine.

It is already enough with buying /building mods, making coils, wicking and everything else in comparison to a simple pod or stick dev

At the start I bought some 30ml bottles of concentrates not realising I would only use a tiny bit of them. What am I to do with 30ml of Kentuck Bourbon concentrate? Drink it? :)

At the start I bought some 30ml bottles of concentrates not realising I would only use a tiny bit of them. What am I to do with 30ml of Kentuck Bourbon concentrate? Drink it? :)
Make a marinade?
You could try to flog the lot. It would be great for someone looking to get into it. At least it would free up space.

Not necessarily, when i started mixing I had 2 concentrates, pg vg and nic and was good to go.

It's a question of economics and forward planning. There was a time I was spending £15 a week on Pepsi - I wish it had occurred to me buy a setup to mix my own.

The problems you guys are talking about are the pitfalls all home mixers encounter as part of the learning process.

A few years ago, we all just accepted it and ploughed on - there was no knowledge base and our activities helped to create one.

Today, new vapers coming in expect to be able to get going and achieve results with no apprenticeship, but with the huge subjectivity involved it's never going to be easy.

One Shots, though, have changed the landscape, and unless you really want to mix for the love and self satisfaction there are alternatives.

Oooooookk....so, I’ve made plenty of frustrated posts and comments about having NO luck with D.I.Y ......plenty of times I’ve wanted to give up (gave up smoking 1st January this year, started mixing about 1st February (?)
I thought it made perfect sense to make my own juice, considering how much cheaper it should be.....spent silly money on any bloody fruit flavour that ‘sounded nice’ from any manufacturer with disappointment after disappointment!
I finally decided to stick with JUST FlavourArt flavours, and decided to spend some money researching what is on the market pre made, and try to actually get an idea of what I like and don’t like...I like fruits, I hate any other vape but fruits, so, that makes it both easier and more difficult.
I made my first GREAT vape by replicating a simple kiwi/lyche mix. Took lots of 5ml attempts to get the mix just right.
I got to grips with fa’s %’s, and soon started more complex mixes, and after a lot of fails, I made my second cracking mix, I’ve now made three I ABSOLUTELY love, more than ANY shop bought mix I’ve tried, and far better than ANY ONE SHOT (I’ve not found any oneshots I like, and I’ve bought pretty much 70% of the fruit one shots on chefsflavours!

It takes TIME, MONEY AND PATIENCE,....no easy fix unless you get really lucky (and I don’t think that’s possible tbh.) notes, trial and error, more notes, more money and you’ll get there fa sure!

Oooooookk....so, I’ve made plenty of frustrated posts and comments about having NO luck with D.I.Y ......plenty of times I’ve wanted to give up (gave up smoking 1st January this year, started mixing about 1st February (?)
I thought it made perfect sense to make my own juice, considering how much cheaper it should be.....spent silly money on any bloody fruit flavour that ‘sounded nice’ from any manufacturer with disappointment after disappointment!
I finally decided to stick with JUST FlavourArt flavours, and decided to spend some money researching what is on the market pre made, and try to actually get an idea of what I like and don’t like...I like fruits, I hate any other vape but fruits, so, that makes it both easier and more difficult.
I made my first GREAT vape by replicating a simple kiwi/lyche mix. Took lots of 5ml attempts to get the mix just right.
I got to grips with fa’s %’s, and soon started more complex mixes, and after a lot of fails, I made my second cracking mix, I’ve now made three I ABSOLUTELY love, more than ANY shop bought mix I’ve tried, and far better than ANY ONE SHOT (I’ve not found any oneshots I like, and I’ve bought pretty much 70% of the fruit one shots on chefsflavours!

It takes TIME, MONEY AND PATIENCE,....no easy fix unless you get really lucky (and I don’t think that’s possible tbh.) notes, trial and error, more notes, more money and you’ll get there fa sure!

I'm going to persevere and try to make something decent myself.
I think it will be a rewarding hobbie once I produce a liquid I'm happy with.
It's a bit like Street Fighter V or golf the more you do it the better you get. (unless you get rag dolled 10 games in a row at SFV and take an 8 at the first hole in golf)

Back
Top Bottom