What's new

I'm getting fed up mixing.

Good to see you getting somewhere now, compared to your op. I tend to buy 3 or 4 different manufacturer's version of a flavour I like and decide which I prefer or which will layer better with another. You really do have to try things yourself rather than trust someone else's tastebuds. Saying that, some recipies do give you a great idea of what goes together well if they're by someone who knows their shit. It's finding those people on ELR that's the problem as it's so big and there are so many folk just chucking up shit recipes.

Lol at your notes comment. I hate the flowery language folks use. It's particularly bad on the reddit reviews of flavours 'On the inhale you get a creamy strawberry from the fields of heaven, with hints of honeydew and fairy mist and on the exhale is dog shite from Dundee, possibly from a highland terrier or a scotty dog.' Does my head in.

I actually prefer peaty whisky myself :p

I tried 4 different caramel flavors. I don't know how to write pretentious gobbledegook so just rated them as 1st best tasting to 4th.

Another thing I try to do is to make a 5ml tester at 5% of every new flavour I get.

This not only gives me an idea of the strength but also whether I like the taste. If I don't like it on its own I'm probably not going to like it in a mix.

That's what I'm going to try, stick to flavours I know I like.
I've followed recipes with flavours I don't like normally (blueberry, watermelon etc) then wondered why I don't like the taste.
I've already mixed up a lemon meringue pie and it tasted better than most of the recipes on ELR. Probably because my taste buds like the concentrates and I couldn't go far wrong.
I've been tasting individual flavors and making notes although my notes are very concise. EG "not much taste"
Some of the notes I've read online are a bit snobbish and bullshit to me. A bit like whisky reviews. "smokey with hints of apple and lavender". No it's not, it tastes like whisky.
Whisky tastes like whisky unless it's a peaty whisky, then it's rotten.

haha you are exactly right mate, it is eliquid not fucking 20 year old wine, "i'm getting peatey undertones" no mate your getting out of hand. i pulled the watermelon chill recipe from that site and people had commented like "spot on" and "tastes just like the original" i tried it and no, it tasted like shit, it took me 2 days of working from my own head to get anywhere near.

I've been making eliquid using recipes on http://e-liquid-recipes.com.
So far I've made 35 different ones.
I would make 4 out of the 35 again, the rest were below average tasting to complete garbage.
The last dozen I made just scunnered me. My comments on my spread sheet are now reduced to :-(
I make them 50 pg/ 50 vg regardless of the recipe as I MTL. Could this be the problem?
Anyone got any tips for making better eliquid?
Just looked art that link there its n no steep time on said recipes are you just going from your own experience on stepping or? How long are you stepping/ how

Just looked art that link there its n no steep time on said recipes are you just going from your own experience on stepping or? How long are you stepping/ how
The belief that steeping is required a myth.

Last edited:
The belief that steeping is required a myth.

Well not exactly, it’s not required if you don’t want to do it but letting liquid sit definitely has an effect on the flavour. There’s no doubt about this.

That might be why you’re finding all your attempts at mixing garbage, to be fair.

I've tried steeping. It might make the taste a little bit more muted but that's it. That's my opinion. I think the steeping thing is a bit of old bullshit. Yes a myth.

I've tried steeping. It might make the taste a little bit more muted but that's it. That's my opinion. I think the steeping thing is a bit of old bullshit. Yes a myth.

What kind of flavours are you mixing? And what kind of nic are you using? How long have you been mixing? Something is going way wrong if your flavours are only becoming muted after letting them sit unless you’re only mixing specific fruit flavours.

I would definitely agree if you were saying some people over rate and obsess about it a bit, but the fact that it does happen is a fact, there’s no myth about it.

Back
Top Bottom