What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I Don't Get the flavour concentrate percentages!

JEmpire

Postman
Hi guys, new to mixing. I am very impatient - started my mixing two days ago, had a vape on it straight away and it was really bland/harsh. They are cake/dessert flavours so I know it will take 4-5 weeks for steeping. But I have a few questions; should I add smooth flavour concentrate as well as CAP's supersweet?

Anyway, my real problem is that I don't really get the percentages of it all (really bad at maths).

Flavour con. brands say only use bout 5-15% of the flavours. How does this work? If I were to mix my batches in 120ml, how would the 5-15% work? If I would have two flavours to add say coconut and butterscotch; would I need something like 6% for Coco and then like 9% for Butterscotch?

I really don't know cause I feel as though my flavours are bland but obviously I'm impatient. I did follow a ejuice calculator and the smell is getting stronger but I don't know. Maybe it's cause I just assumed premium ejuice use tons of concentrate to make it nice and sweet. But I don't want to add any flavour just in case (plus I stored them in the chubby gorilla bottles and they're a bitch to take off).

Anyway, give some of you could give me exactly how much of a percentage I should be using for flavour concentrates when mixing a 120ml or a 60ml bottle that would be great.

You would be better off looking at one shot concentrates or bottle shots till you get an idea of how it all works.
Have a read up on both here.
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentra...te=tltblog/tltblog&tltpath=blog&tltblog_id=59
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentra...e=tltblog/tltblog&tltpath=blog&tltblog_id=125
Hi guys, new to mixing. I am very impatient - started my mixing two days ago, had a vape on it straight away and it was really bland/harsh. They are cake/dessert flavours so I know it will take 4-5 weeks for steeping. But I have a few questions; should I add smooth flavour concentrate as well as CAP's supersweet?

Anyway, my real problem is that I don't really get the percentages of it all (really bad at maths).

Flavour con. brands say only use bout 5-15% of the flavours. How does this work? If I were to mix my batches in 120ml, how would the 5-15% work? If I would have two flavours to add say coconut and butterscotch; would I need something like 6% for Coco and then like 9% for Butterscotch?

I really don't know cause I feel as though my flavours are bland but obviously I'm impatient. I did follow a ejuice calculator and the smell is getting stronger but I don't know. Maybe it's cause I just assumed premium ejuice use tons of concentrate to make it nice and sweet. But I don't want to add any flavour just in case (plus I stored them in the chubby gorilla bottles and they're a bitch to take off).

Anyway, give some of you could give me exactly how much of a percentage I should be using for flavour concentrates when mixing a 120ml or a 60ml bottle that would be great.

You would be better off looking at one shot concentrates or bottle shots till you get an idea of how it all works.
Have a read up on both here.
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentra...te=tltblog/tltblog&tltpath=blog&tltblog_id=59
https://www.eliquidflavourconcentra...e=tltblog/tltblog&tltpath=blog&tltblog_id=125

I appreciate your contribution, but I don't think that will help me in anyway. I've already learned a lot by purchasing and experimenting with DIY already. Thanks though.

http://ejuice.breaktru.com/ here is one e liquid calculator, sorts everything out

Thanks. This is a fantastic calculator!

I appreciate your contribution, but I don't think that will help me in anyway. I've already learned a lot by purchasing and experimenting with DIY already. Thanks though.

Thanks. This is a fantastic calculator!
I do apologise your post said "Hi guys, new to mixing. I am very impatient - started my mixing two days ago, had a vape on it straight away and it was really bland/harsh." Which I read as you were new to mixing.
My mistake I must have read it wrong?

I do apologise your post said "Hi guys, new to mixing. I am very impatient - started my mixing two days ago, had a vape on it straight away and it was really bland/harsh." Which I read as you were new to mixing.
My mistake I must have read it wrong?

The only I thing you read wrong or didn't take in consideration was my reply in saying "experimenting". My main problem was the percentages.

Buying bottle shots or whatever will not help me when if comes to figuring out what % of flavour concentrates to use correctly. That comes with experimenting with my own repertoire of flavours, not bottle shots.

If your just experimenting with flavours you want to mix in much smaller bottles 10 or 20 ml til you find what percentages you like otherwise you are going to waste a lot of juice mixing in 120 ml bottles.
Or use one of the many sites that have tried and tested recipies

If your just experimenting with flavours you want to mix in much smaller bottles 10 or 20 ml til you find what percentages you like otherwise you are going to waste a lot of juice mixing in 120 ml bottles.
Or use one of the many sites that have tried and tested recipies

But that will take twice as long and I really don't want to go back on cigs or buy premium ejuice as my current tank is thirsty! However, I think I will copy some recipes that are ace and just tweak them to my liking; i.e changing a few flavours for my taste. I just wish steeping for custard/dessert flavours didn't take a life time!

Percentages are easy to work with if you mix in 100ml batches - that way 1% is 1ml and 15% is 15ml - couldn't get any easier than that could it?

Percentages are easy to work with if you mix in 100ml batches - that way 1% is 1ml and 15% is 15ml - couldn't get any easier than that could it?
Ditto except I do a litre at a time which gives you even more margin of error.
Look for recipie that are shake and vape while you work on the ones that take time to mature.

Back
Top Bottom