What's new

How to reduce steep time

memzey

Postman
Hi peeps.

I'm early in the DIY journey and only have a few recipes that I'm experimenting with at the moment. Some of them only need between a day and a week to be a great vape but others (custards) need a lot longer. Looking at some recipes on this site and others I see recommendations for steep times of two months or more. I can be a patient sort but waiting that long is a bit of a pain so I thought I'd ask what others do to reduce that time (if such a thing is even possible)? I've done a search but most posts seem to go down the rabbit hole of oxygen degrading nicotene (for some reason).

Anyone with pointers on how 2 months can be brought down without compromising on end flavour?

Hi peeps.

I'm early in the DIY journey and only have a few recipes that I'm experimenting with at the moment. Some of them only need between a day and a week to be a great vape but others (custards) need a lot longer. Looking at some recipes on this site and others I see recommendations for steep times of two months or more. I can be a patient sort but waiting that long is a bit of a pain so I thought I'd ask what others do to reduce that time (if such a thing is even possible)? I've done a search but most posts seem to go down the rabbit hole of oxygen degrading nicotene (for some reason).

Anyone with pointers on how 2 months can be brought down without compromising on end flavour?

Just leave it for the recommended amount of time.... folks will have taken years and many different samples of steep time to reach the recommended.
Once you get going and make a batches at say a month apart...its' really not that long to wait.

Hi peeps.

Take a peep at this guide, may be of help.

https://vapinghardware.com/steeping-e-liquid/

If I want it ready as soon as possible there are a couple of things i might do to help it on the way like warming the mix above 18.5 degrees so it will mix properly.
Or if I'm testing I'll shake it every day along with replacing the air in the bottle for fresh each day which does speed it up a little.
Mostly I'm with @Rickster though it really isn't that long to wait once you've got a little production line going.

Definately the best way to Steep.
Place in a dark cupboard after giving it a really good shake. I tend to shake mine daily for the first few days or so and then leave. Always best to mix plenty in advance and once you get in the swing of doing it you will always have plenty of juice thats becoming ready to vape.

After you’ve mixed them, put them into a DMC DeLorean. This is the only way!

Last edited:
Mix the concentrates with the concentrated nic first. This way it will steep much faster, and add vg and pg after a week or two. The stronger the nic, the faster the steep.

Mix the concentrates with the concentrated nic first. This way it will steep much faster, and add vg and pg after a week or two. The stronger the nic, the faster the steep.
Bloody help, i lost the plot just reading that, id be all of the place mixing it. I just mix it all together and wait for a while. Some can be vaped pretty quickly, others take longer.
By mixing up batches of the stuff, you will not run out of juice and its being cycled everytime.
Think ive lot the plot just explaining it lol

Back
Top Bottom