What's new

How to get that fizz in your blend

Do you vape cola? I think cinnamon helps there and it might already have cinnamon in it so might not notice. Unless you're allergic that is!

nah its not that im allergic its just anything with the slightest hint and I just know its there and I hate the stuff

Right then i have jumped in at the deep end here so wish me luck, i have made a blend and am gonna play god with some additives and see how we go. Now because of work commitments i dont get so much time as i would like to mix so have made a little 50ML...... yes a 50ml batch which i pray to the vape gods come out ok as i have put a lot of flavours in to this and additives. I will report back in a few days once its had time to steep. feel free to laugh now as if it goes wrong its a big batch to offer to the sink :) wish me luck guy, im going in.......

right im not going to tell you the flavour i have used just yet as i think i could be on to a winner here but its early days :) I have used 5% sour from vape escape and 1% koolada again vape escape.... im getting fizzy people..... yes i know its less then an hour old but its tasting good to be fair so will report back once the flavours settle.

I can't find the thread but I'm sure I read somewhere? I love squid ink like most do but have always wondered how do you get that kinda fizz taste to juice. I'm happy with my mixes but need to step it up a gear and learn about the tricks and using additives to add that little extra. Anyone give me any tips to step up to the next level :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I did post this up on the ecig forum for you M8, all somebody came back with was that he had read a few threads in the past on it and champagne flavouring was mentioned a few times. Not sure if that will work or not tbh.

Thanks mate, think the sour is doing the job. Will report back in a few days

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Just read the review on Plumbu's love hearts and he revealed the fizz in that was created with alcohol. Now I wish I'd waited a few days to save me reading 25+ threads on fucking mixing tips that seems to have been 24.5 pages of utter bollocks.

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

I found adding DV Sherbet Lemon to some compatible flavours gave a kind of fizz sensation but have to agree that it was maybe a bit of mental trickery due to it being sour. Never mixed it on its own strangely. I have also read several times that the Champagne concentrates seem to add a fizzy edge but never tried it though. As has previously been pointed out Malic acid, vinegar, and any sours will crack, cloud or dissolve plastic tanks.....

Right juice didnt last long enough to steep to its fizzy fullness as it was so damn nice i vaped the lot with in about 4 days!!!!!
Anyway I thought i would ask the lovely people over at leisure liquids about the fizz thing and they did not say use a soda stream they said this..................

Hi Lee,

To be honest, i can only provide limited information on the Fizz as i don't use it. However, I do know that other mixers use Champagne flavour in mixes to get this effect. The basis of the fizz is triacetin glycol, this is what produces it. It should not be too hard to source and it should keep the effect until the mix has steeped and is ready to vape.

Another thing you may want to consider if you're making a fruit vape, particularly a citrus one, a few drops of malic acid (TPA Sour) can add a nice bit of tang. I usually use about 2-3 drops per 10ml. Citric acid is another way to do that, though you typically have to buy it in powder form and make your own PG solution at about 10% before it's ready for use. It's not quite as strong as malic acid so you may have to use more, but it's a little more tangy and a little less sour than malic acid.

Terry

So it looks like i may have been on the right track with the sour. When i get time to do some mixing i will try again but this time i have squid ink to keep me away from the juice as its steeping :)

Back
Top Bottom