Innokin
What's new

How to fix harsh tasting DIY eliquids?

Definitely try the Flavourart MTS. It's worked wwonders for me. I usually use it at 2 or 3 drops per 10ml, maybe 4 if I want to thicken the vape up.

Too much will definitely mute the flavours so go easy on it.

Vape Club
I got a bottle of the MTS the other day. Added one drop, gave it a good shake and left it over night. Gave it a shake this evening, put some fresh cotton in the rda, lubed it up with the liquid and still hitting my throat.
Think im gonna have to make another batch of this juice and include this MTS into it then see how that one goes. Think ill make a 30ml bottle, that should be fine. Or do you guys reckon I should make a 100ml?

If anyone is wondering what juice I am making then its this one
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1228904/imagineights neon cream clone

But just to add, I've had this problem with mostly all recipes Ive tried that have fruity flavours. And I'm getting this harsh throat hit after just one drag. I tend to take a light one and I can feel it ticking the back of my throat which gives me a nasty cough after I take the hit.

The only one that is perfect is the vanilla custard one I make. I can chain vape the hell out that and ill be fine.

thanks

Might seem obvious but try dropping the % on the offending fruit/ flavour and feel your way along.
I had a similar problem with one on one blue raspberry.
Dropped the percentage down to 1% and slowly brought it up to 2% and added a drop of MTS per 10ml. Flavour was still quite weak at that point so added FW blueberry and FW raspberry,both at 2% and it hit the magic spot for me.
So maybe the answer is looking for alternative companies flavours and playing around with the combined at low percentages?
Oh and heating the VG to around 50 deg and mixing the hell out of it also helps tone it down combined with a nice steep.

Vape Green
Hi,

If nothing that people are suggesting is working have you considered changing your set up? It may seem drastic but if you can only tolerate a couple of juices with your current set up perhaps that is the problem.

You say you are vaping 3mg so I'm guessing its direct lung sub ohm, what kind of power are you using 40w, 100w, 200w?

One of the reasons I say this is because I cant vape sub ohm, but I do mix juice for people who do and I like to try the juice I make for them, so I will use something like a Tron S tank at 10w and vape 3mg juice by slipstreaming so I can dl and check the flavour is as it should be.

Perhaps ease back on the power and try slipstreaming, or get a cheap setup and try mtl on the juices that make you cough, if 3mg juice makes you cough on under 15w mtl vaping then at least you can be pretty sure it is the juice and not your set up.

Have you tried other juices that are not DIY and how did your throat react to them?

I got a bottle of the MTS the other day. Added one drop, gave it a good shake and left it over night. Gave it a shake this evening, put some fresh cotton in the rda, lubed it up with the liquid and still hitting my throat.
Think im gonna have to make another batch of this juice and include this MTS into it then see how that one goes. Think ill make a 30ml bottle, that should be fine. Or do you guys reckon I should make a 100ml?

If anyone is wondering what juice I am making then its this one
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/1228904/imagineights neon cream clone

But just to add, I've had this problem with mostly all recipes Ive tried that have fruity flavours. And I'm getting this harsh throat hit after just one drag. I tend to take a light one and I can feel it ticking the back of my throat which gives me a nasty cough after I take the hit.

The only one that is perfect is the vanilla custard one I make. I can chain vape the hell out that and ill be fine.

thanks
Are you are vaping a 50/50 juice in an RDA sub ohming?
If so this is why it is harsh.
You will be better off altering it to 70% and above VG.

Premier Ecigs
Hi,

If nothing that people are suggesting is working have you considered changing your set up? It may seem drastic but if you can only tolerate a couple of juices with your current set up perhaps that is the problem.

You say you are vaping 3mg so I'm guessing its direct lung sub ohm, what kind of power are you using 40w, 100w, 200w?

One of the reasons I say this is because I cant vape sub ohm, but I do mix juice for people who do and I like to try the juice I make for them, so I will use something like a Tron S tank at 10w and vape 3mg juice by slipstreaming so I can dl and check the flavour is as it should be.

Perhaps ease back on the power and try slipstreaming, or get a cheap setup and try mtl on the juices that make you cough, if 3mg juice makes you cough on under 15w mtl vaping then at least you can be pretty sure it is the juice and not your set up.

Have you tried other juices that are not DIY and how did your throat react to them?

Yeah Ive had similar harsh hits from stuff I bought online of various brands. Some were okay, some were a bit bad.

I like sub-ohm tanks and can vape at higher watts but I tend to just stick between 37-45W.

I will make another batch of this juice again and see how it is with MTS added in too.

thanks

AcmeFog
The recipie you have listed is detailed as a 50/50 ratio.
Have you mixed as is or adjusted it.
Just asking.

I adjusted and made it a 70/30 ratio. Don't think that should matter that much and 70/30 shouldn't be giving a harsh taste?

E-liquids.com
I adjusted and made it a 70/30 ratio. Don't think that should matter that much and 70/30 shouldn't be giving a harsh taste?
No youre right.
Pg gives the throat hit and if itbwas too pg heavy it would be harsh.
Sometimes over flavouring can cause a harsh vape but that recipie looks okay.

Back
Top Bottom