What's new

How to fix harsh tasting DIY eliquids?

viper

Achiever
Hi,

Okay so I have been mixing for a long while now and comfortable with the 2 diff recipes that I use.
But everytime I try out a new recipe like say a cola one or something else then I find it too harsh on the throat and even my friends have found it to be the same. So although it will smell and taste nice, it just hits the back of the throat making you cough.
Ive tried adding Smooth but that doesn't really help.

I make a vanilla custard and that is so smooth just an all day vape. Then theres a strawberry custard one I make too which is nice. With the strawberry one, I add it weeks or months later to the mix then wait a few weeks or so as it gets better with time when it begins to slowly fade into the back.

But all other recipes I try, whether its fruit flavour with cream mix or a cola one then even after steeping for a few weeks they still hit the throat bad.

The mix I've made just now is a lime, with fruit flavours and has some cream in it too. Its been over 2 weeks, colour hasn't even changed at all for the liquid, still showing as clear. Still hitting the throat.

All my mixes are 70VG 30PG, 3mg nic. With any new recipe that I try, I just tend to make small 15-20ml batches and follow the recipe fully. The percentages of flavours in them are pretty low as it is, well the ones that I've followed were.

Im wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how to iron out the harshness in these fruity flavours that could help?
Its been bothering me for so long.

Thanks

No idea why but a bit of marshmallow seems to mellow the mix a bit without upsetting the flavour too much.

It's probably just the choice of concentrates though. I love Capella Glazed Donut but above about 4% it starts to get cheese-gratery.

No idea why but a bit of marshmallow seems to mellow the mix a bit without upsetting the flavour too much.

It's probably just the choice of concentrates though. I love Capella Glazed Donut but above about 4% it starts to get cheese-gratery.

I mainly use Capella and TPA concentrates. I have a few from other brands too which I got specifically for a recipe I wanted to try.

Hi,

Okay so I have been mixing for a long while now and comfortable with the 2 diff recipes that I use.
But everytime I try out a new recipe like say a cola one or something else then I find it too harsh on the throat and even my friends have found it to be the same. So although it will smell and taste nice, it just hits the back of the throat making you cough.
Ive tried adding Smooth but that doesn't really help.

I make a vanilla custard and that is so smooth just an all day vape. Then theres a strawberry custard one I make too which is nice. With the strawberry one, I add it weeks or months later to the mix then wait a few weeks or so as it gets better with time when it begins to slowly fade into the back.

But all other recipes I try, whether its fruit flavour with cream mix or a cola one then even after steeping for a few weeks they still hit the throat bad.

The mix I've made just now is a lime, with fruit flavours and has some cream in it too. Its been over 2 weeks, colour hasn't even changed at all for the liquid, still showing as clear. Still hitting the throat.

All my mixes are 70VG 30PG, 3mg nic. With any new recipe that I try, I just tend to make small 15-20ml batches and follow the recipe fully. The percentages of flavours in them are pretty low as it is, well the ones that I've followed were.

Im wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how to iron out the harshness in these fruity flavours that could help?
Its been bothering me for so long.

Thanks
I find that mixing small batches is always a miss for me... but when I make 100ml it seems to be almost always better result.

I find that mixing small batches is always a miss for me... but when I make 100ml it seems to be almost always better result.

That is strange. It should be the same no matter how much you make? Hmm that is odd.

It could be just one ingredient.

I went through 4 blue rasberrys as first 3 were serious throat hit

Thanks for that. Never heard of this one from FA before but im willing to give it a try.
How much would you recommend adding in? Or how much do you normally add in your mixes?
usually 1%! if that! its potent, too much will mute the flavour

That is strange. It should be the same no matter how much you make? Hmm that is odd.
Lol... I'm shit with numbers, I mix without measuring things and I'm notoriously forgetful labelling my mixing... I only use sering to measure nicotine but everything else is done by intuition... half or third or quarter of the what ever I'm mixing... so 100ml measure is easy on an eye ;)

Back
Top Bottom