What's new

How juice is mixed

Leni

Veteran
I'm just starting out on the DIY route, and there was something I'm wondering. All the info I've seen so far involves a lot of shaking bottles, in one thread a vendor was using a vibration plate to mix much larger amounts. I haven't seen anybody using a blender or whisking it though. I'm planning on only making small amounts, as I vape less than 50ml of juice a week, so I wouldn't need to, but is there a reason liquid isn't blended? I was surprised to see the vendor using a vibration plate, I'm sure there's a very good reason it's done that way, I might just be too dim to figure out what it is :D

Coffee frothers are sometimes used by DIYers.
Not essential - no better IMO.
Leave space in bottle and give a good shake.
Glass VG (Glycerin) bottles from Boots are perfect to make, store & shake I find.
Once the VG is used the bottles can be used to mix & store.
Mix 100 ~ 150ml in the 200ml bottle and you can give a great shake.
2~3 weeks stock for you, mix a few and leave them steeping.

For me it depends, if I am mixing from scratch I use a magnetic stirrer

The vibration plate was probably just to mix the ingredients. Hi vg juices can be a pita to mix.

I tend to shake a new mix rather than use a frother or blender. The downside to using the frother is the thickness of high VG juices ... I find I need to warm up the VG before the frother will work effectively. The downside to the blender is that it adds too much air into the mix, it practically emulsifies the mix and it can take days for the air bubbles to rise and the mix to become clear.
The magnetic stirrers seem to do the job very effectively, but I tend to mix in the bottle rather than in a mixing jug, which then needs an extra bottling step afterwards.
It does take a lot of shaking to mix juices thoroughly in long, thin 30ml bottles. I usually warm the bottles up to help the mixing process by standing them in 85 degree water for 10 minutes.

Whatever method you use for maturing or steeping, it can only start after all the ingredients have been thoroughly mixed.

I just do the old fashioned way get the bottle and shake with my hands yes it makes your arm ache but does the same job

Personally I mix in a beaker on scales, then blend with a frother and then decant into glass bottles. Sometimes I will run them through the Ultrasonic bath, but i've not done that for a while.

I am going to attempt a coffee press mix at some point as I want to see if the pressure through a fine mesh will emulsify the liquids without introducing bubbles, wondering if it will produce a smother vape without the extra oxidisation from introduced bubbles.

Just give it a shake every other day during the steep process.

Back
Top Bottom