What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

how do you label your diy juice bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy thread revival Batman!! ;)

I knick labels from work, quarter them & stick them on the bottle with flavour, strength & ratio with sellotape over the top. Then it gets logged into my little geeky spreadheet

I used to cut up sheets of A4 into labels and stick them on with sellotape. Then I bought a pack of easy peel sticky labels, which worked well until recently when it seems they are so easy peel that they keep peeling themselves off every 5 minutes so I've gone full circle in having to stick them on with sellotape again.
I write on whatever funky name I've called the juice, nic' strength and date mixed.
Would love to have something more attractive looking if anyone has any suggestions.

Write on regular piece of paper and then stick it to bottle with transparent tape.
example:

Red Astaire clone
75VG / 25PG 0.2nic
06/04/2016

For 'finished' recipes in the 120ml bottles and the 30ml bottles that I decant it into I print an A4 sheet of clear lables on the laser printer at work. format is..

Apricot Danish
0.3 mg/ml nicotine ~ 80/20 vg/pg

Each flavour has a specific colour font for when the lettering inevitably wears off a bit.

Everything I make is roughly 0.3mg and 80/20 so that's not really necessary but if I lose one on the train or hand one out to someone in the pub I'd rather there was basic information on it.

For tester recipes in 10ml bottles just a bit of envelope address label with the database ID of the recipie.

I started out with pen, paper and cellotape ... all labels with an ID reference in the spreadsheet which contains the recipe. That's all you need when you start out.

After a while I wanted something that looked a bit smarter so I used Avery labels ... the A4 self-adhesive label sheets and template software ... to create my own design. I laser printed sheets of blanks and wrote on each label the flavour, VG/PG, strength and date it was mixed. Trouble with these paper labels is that they peel off easily and they're not juice proof even if you put cellotape over the top. They also don't register perfectly every time, ie the print doesn't line up with the pre-cut label.

So recently I took my design to a label printing company and had them print it on polyprop paper with permanent adhesive, all juice proof and perfectly registered. I still write on the details but now use a permanent pen. The labels never peel off until you want them to, then they come off in one piece without tearing or leaving an adhesive residue on the bottle.
It's not really a DIY solution, it's not particularly cheap either at £46 for 500 labels, but I like having a quality label on my bottles.

I started out with pen, paper and cellotape ... all labels with an ID reference in the spreadsheet which contains the recipe. That's all you need when you start out.

After a while I wanted something that looked a bit smarter so I used Avery labels ... the A4 self-adhesive label sheets and template software ... to create my own design. I laser printed sheets of blanks and wrote on each label the flavour, VG/PG, strength and date it was mixed. Trouble with these paper labels is that they peel off easily and they're not juice proof even if you put cellotape over the top. They also don't register perfectly every time, ie the print doesn't line up with the pre-cut label.

So recently I took my design to a label printing company and had them print it on polyprop paper with permanent adhesive, all juice proof and perfectly registered. I still write on the details but now use a permanent pen. The labels never peel off until you want them to, then they come off in one piece without tearing or leaving an adhesive residue on the bottle.
It's not really a DIY solution, it's not particularly cheap either at £46 for 500 labels, but I like having a quality label on my bottles.
Nice! Must look into that. Pics please!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I can't find the old thread I found these on but thought it might help someone if they're better at computers than I am.

I use a dymo label printer. Got it quite cheap en I'm really happy with the result:

80967-5dcf5ea80536f32100de09805327ca91.jpg

I've attached the template if any wants to use it, just remove the .zip extension to import in the dymo label maker program.

Attachments

• dymo_label.jpg
    dymo_label.jpg
    725.9 KB · Views: 245
  • mixed.label.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 233
Nice! Must look into that. Pics please!
labels on the sheet, the Stabilo marker pen I use and labels affixed to 30ml and 10ml bottles. I can let you have contact details for the label printers if you want ... plus others to avoid as they're either far too expensive or want a minimum order of 1,000
labels.jpg

Ideal, and yes please. I realised after I posted that those were the labels on the vanillin and stevia you sent me, sorry about that. Yes, I need these in my life. Thanks, Guru! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom