What's new

Help with mixing for the first time

stevemac94

Hi all. So I've taken the plunge of mixing my own juice. Upon recommendations, I've ordered 3 flavour concentrates from darkstar. Lemon 2, orange cream and black cherry, along with a bottle of koolada, all under the brand of the flavour apprentice.

Now I'm not too knowledgeable on mixing but I understand in terms of mls, and I'll be mixing 100mls per time. So I'm aware that I should star with 70mls of vg, around 25mls of pg and around 4mls of the flavour and 1mls of the koolada. Apparently though the quantity you use for the main flavour concentrate varies by the juice. So I was hoping someone could tell me how many mls of the main flavour concentrate to use for Tfa lemon 2, black cherry and orange cream. I like an ice cold vape personally so I think 1mls should be fine. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Starting with 100ml batches can be a big mistake.
10ml would be better till you have worked out the right percentages of flavour for your taste.
As to where to start, I will leave to folk with experience of those flavours.
My method would be first to find out how much I like for each as individual flavours, by experimenting .
I would then move on to blending these flavours in different combinations keeping enough notes to translate the best of these blends into recipes.

Hi all. So I've taken the plunge of mixing my own juice. Upon recommendations, I've ordered 3 flavour concentrates from darkstar. Lemon 2, orange cream and black cherry, along with a bottle of koolada, all under the brand of the flavour apprentice.

Now I'm not too knowledgeable on mixing but I understand in terms of mls, and I'll be mixing 100mls per time. So I'm aware that I should star with 70mls of vg, around 25mls of pg and around 4mls of the flavour and 1mls of the koolada. Apparently though the quantity you use for the main flavour concentrate varies by the juice. So I was hoping someone could tell me how many mls of the main flavour concentrate to use for Tfa lemon 2, black cherry and orange cream. I like an ice cold vape personally so I think 1mls should be fine. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
On average, the TFA concentrates mix at 15% stand alone mate so that is a good area to look to start from.

In terms of buying stuff, i cannot recommend the ecig shop for all DIY supplies, top place. Plus if you join their facebook group you can get advice in there also from loads of people.

On average, the TFA concentrates mix at 15% stand alone mate so that is a good area to look to start from.

In terms of buying stuff, i cannot recommend the ecig shop for all DIY supplies, top place. Plus if you join their facebook group you can get advice in there also from loads of people.

I think this depends on preference and the individual flavours, I have a few tfa and I’d never go anywhere near 15%.

Back
Top Bottom