What's new

Freshly mixed shots and flavour - advice please

Dadaran

Achiever
A couple of weeks ago I mixed up a batch of lemon tart (boss shot) as my first litre was running out.

I seem to remember that initially, the first mix was very strong, with the lemon being too prominent. This soon settled down and it became one of the main stays in the daily rotation.

Now I know it is only a couple of weeks in, but this second batch seems particularly mute in flavour which surprises me. I was expecting the lemon to be too prominent at first as before.

Is it common that fresh mixes may have muted flavour and that it will deepen with time? Any advice or suggestions very welcome :)

I find that the taste of lemon in particular, but other sharp flavours too, can vary from day to day.

It's probably that our taste buds are more sensitive to these flavours so other factors, such as what you've eaten or if you have a slight cold, will have a greater effect.

I don't suffer Vaper's Tongue anymore, but there are days when I can barely taste the lemon in Lemon Tart.

Thanks @Ment, I did wonder if it was dreaded vapers tounge. I do have some of the first batch loitering in another setup, so will have a quick comparison. I also have some of the flavouring which could be used to boost this mix if needed I guess.

Back
Top Bottom