What's new

FlavourArt Kitchen Range Flavour Notes

Horrand

Postman
I decided to buy a handful of savoury flavours from the FA Kitchen site. I've been sat looking at them in the cupboard since early October. Finally mixed them last week and vaped today. Here's my notes for anyone interested.

Setup: Wasp Nano RDA, full cotton wicks, 0.48ohm, 35W, 70/30 VG/PG 3mg

=================================================================

2% Tomato - steeped 7 days
Next to nothing at first, just vg/cotton. Not enough flavour used? I'll keep dripping until it comes through. Slight sweetness maybe coming through now, but I'm really searching. If I was told this was unflavoured I'd believe you. Definitely need more than 2%

Added more conc, not 100% accurate now due to dripping some but it's around 4%, maybe slightly over and now trying off the shake. There's definitely a sweetness now that isn't just VG, I'm still not getting much in terms of tomato flavour.

Bumped to ~6%, again unsteeped. I'm now getting a little tomato flavour, albeit very wishy washy. What I'd imagine tasting the juice left on the knife from chopping some beef tomatoes would be like. Back to the cupboard with this one to see if any flavour comes out after a steep.

Chrisdvr1 uses FA Tomato Ripe @ 5% in a tomato soup recipe, the FlavourArt UK kitchen site only lists one tomato concentrate so I'm assuming this is the same. The tomato stands up to the creams, herb and pepper in that recipe according to the one review.
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/7876#creamy_tomatum_soup_by_chrisdvr1

Possible usage? I can't taste much so maybe I'm tomato blind as well as strawberry blind, who knows. Chris and the reviewer of the soup could obviously taste it so it works there. Possibly could be used in a bloody mary vape?

2% Egg Yolk, Cooked - steeped 7 days
My palate isn't the best, but I'm picking up a creamy taste from this. The end of the exhale has a VERY slight eggy flavour, kind of like the taste left in your mouth after eating a hard boiled egg. The VG is sweetening the whole thing up some. Not even half as bad as I expected, pleasantly surprised. I'd say it tastes more like a slightly runny white than yolk but it's not overly eggy.

Possible usage? Bit stumped here. I'm not very imaginative when it comes to pairings and struggling to think of what you'd add a slight egg note to in a vape.

1% Mozzarella - steeped 7 days
Thick mouth feel but not much body or flavour, I think the word cheese put me off trying more than 1% of this to start with. Actual mozzarella doesn't particularly taste of much anyway. There's a slight tang similar to cream cheese (but no feet) in a British cheesecake. Overall very mild but definitely not unpleasant.

Added some more conc to see how it goes. Got a bit heavy handed so my 2% has ended up more around 2.5% - flavour is much more pronounced now, slightly more of the tang coming through. There's also some sharpness coming through that wasn't present at 1%, the VG might be taming this slightly.

Possible usage? This would probably work well in a British cheesecake recipe to give a more authentic taste and help thicken up any creams used.

1% Cheddar Cheese - steeped 7 days
Yep, it's definitely cheddar. I was prepared to wretch... but didn't. Sharp exhale, not too sharp though, but noticeably sharper than the FA Mozzarella I tried. Kind of a creamy melty cheddar taste going on. Much much better than I anticipated. If I had to guess as to the colour of the cheddar I'd lean more towards white than orange but not completely "British tourist abroad" pale.

Possible usage? Stick in some AP at a high percentage, maybe something to fill out the cheese a bit more and you've got yourself a nachos with cheese vape here. I'm sure I read Reddit user /u/eyemakepizza is trying to make a pizza vape, I could see this fitting in there too.

2% Corn - steeped 7 days
This is incredibly accurate to the name. It tastes exactly like sweetcorn, more tinned sweetcorn than corn on the cob but it's sweetcorn nonetheless. It's a bit flat if I had to be picky but it's definitely perfect if you wanted to vape corn for whatever reason.

Possible usage? We already have good buttery concentrates and a few smoky ones, with a bit of trial and error this could fit in a BBQ'd or flame grilled corn on the cob vape.

1% Fried Bacon - steeped 7 days
This is smoky, incredibly smoky. At the end of the exhale under all the smoke there's a background of meat, reminds me more of cooked ham than bacon but it's definitely meaty. Thick-ish mouthfeel and pretty dry. After a few hits the overwhelming smoke has either died down or killed my tongue, the meaty flavour is now coming to the front. Still too much smoke for my tastes, much like it's been left in the smoker too long.

Possible usage? It but might possibly work as a smoky additive but you'd probably have to go low, not sure if the meaty flavour would still come through though, as it's not subtle. A strong concentrate is probably needed to stand up to this as it's incredibly potent.

Interesting. I liked the mozzarella, haven’t used it recently as I’m puffing tobacco most of the time. I’d been planning to mix it with pomegranate and biscuit.

You are a braver man than me!

However... Your thoughts on the Fried Bacon make me think it ould work very well in a liquid I'm currently working on!

You are a braver man than me!

However... Your thoughts on the Fried Bacon make me think it ould work very well in a liquid I'm currently working on!

This was my least favourite of the lot. What are you working on if you don't mind me asking?

This was my least favourite of the lot. What are you working on if you don't mind me asking?

I'm working on variations of a Real Ale liquid. Have a great base already, just working on different versions. Get a feeling that a smokey flavouring would work well in a heavy stouty/double IPA version. Just needs the smoke though, not the meat!

I'm working on variations of a Real Ale liquid. Have a great base already, just working on different versions. Get a feeling that a smokey flavouring would work well in a heavy stouty/double IPA version. Just needs the smoke though, not the meat!

I'll try and remember to add a drop into a liquid I've got lying around and work my way up to see how it goes. Low might just give you the smoke, I'll let you know.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

Only think 0.3%.

The base liquid is quite low overall on flavour percentage so anything more might be overwhelming.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.

Only think 0.3%.

The base liquid is quite low overall on flavour percentage so anything more might be overwhelming.

Have you tried FA Black Fire? Apparently that's literally just smoky flavour

Have you tried FA Black Fire? Apparently that's literally just smoky flavour

Not one I've tried yet... Certainly sounds like worth a shot.

I used TFA Red Oak hoping that would add a smokeyish effect, works brilliantly for flavour but just adds a woody/earthy note instead of smoke.

Not one I've tried yet... Certainly sounds like worth a shot.

I used TFA Red Oak hoping that would add a smokeyish effect, works brilliantly for flavour but just adds a woody/earthy note instead of smoke.

I was on discord with some mixers from Reddit and they said FA Black Fire is what you want, no meaty offnotes that way too. "it's basically liquid smoke flavoring"

Back
Top Bottom