What's new

Flavour profile sheet for Vapours R US

Hi Sp3,

I can't call myself hugely knowledgeable in the business (and after a year of mixing I'm not far off calling it an art) of mixing, VRUs fruit concentrates I've found can be shake and vape although definitely benefit from 4 to 7 days steep.
To back that up I've just finished a weeks steep of a number of concentrates..

I tested these concentrates at 15 and 18% using a geekvape griffin 25 plus freshly wicked kanthal at 45W, and baby beast X4 coils at 45W powered by my trusty RX 2/3.

Tropical Twist

I expected guava to dominate this as it does with lots of premade concentrates but it's not the case, it's a very well balanced fruit mix with the tropical taste to the fore. As an SNV it was a bit rough round the edges but after 5 days, it had steeped into a nice juice just sweet enough to take off any natural sharp edges from the harder fruits. Recommended at 18%.

Pinkman

Yes, it is similar to the now famous branded vape and it's good, in fact I'd say very good. It has that element of grapefruit at the front that does blend in but doesn't overpower the overall taste. A bonus for me is there's no cough medicine taste off this concentrate which I do get from the original and I'm glad there isn't as I don't like benylin or covonnia and I definitely don't want to vape anything like it..but I'm sure there's a few folk out there that do :) I'm happily mixing up 50 ml bottles and I know I'll be buying more.
It's fine from the get go but is best after 3 or 4 days. Its not a clone, but it's close enough for me at 18 -20%. Highly recommended.

Starburst

I'd say this is up there with pinkman in terms of taste.. but I'm not getting opal fruits, it's a lemon refresher for me. No, not the chewy refresher sweet, but the old packets of refreshers, the lemon and orange ones to be exact. Its a fresh, sweet taste with citrus and maybe a hint of opal fruits but really it's a full tasting sweet vape I am happy to recommend. SNV its fine, but at 18% this needed a week to smooth out. Recommended.

Melonberry delight

I didn't really get much melon or strawberry from this, I'm currently trying different strengths as it tastes almost muted so I'll be back to update once I can get a handle on %.

The Bomb

I'm not big grape fan so I wouldn't be inclined to like this.. however this is chock full of fruit. It's well blended and you can tell there's a lot going on in the mix, if I was a mixed fruit or grape fan, I'd be more than happy. Just because personally I don't like grape doesn't mean it's not a well balanced concentrate, I think it is. 15% mixed and tasted full of flavour.

After some emails chatting about flavours, Kirsty at VRU asked for some feedback on their new range the Ruby (named after a well known brand of tropical fizzy drinks) and a few days ago in popped Ruby Mango, Ruby Passionfruit and Ruby Guava..shake and vape thoughts below, and I'll follow up in a weeks time with steeped.

Ruby Mango

Off the bat I was hoping to like this as A I'm a fan of Mango and B I like a few cans of Rubicon Mango in the fridge during the summer months for those times you just want a cold sweet fizzy drink that's not sprite or cola.. my initial fear was this was going to be overly sweet as the drink is very sweet, but fortunately I don't get that from this mango. Vape inhale I'm picking up a mere hint of coconut and tangerine and on the way out it's full sweet mango, it's a little bit sharp but fine to SNV but really I'm expecting it to be smoother in a few days time. I'm sure I can taste a hint of cooling in there also which might even draw the mango out further.. I'm looking forward to trying it again midweek.

Ruby passion fruit

A nice passionfruit vape, its sweet and I'm sure there's a suggestion of sweet orange or tangerines pairing up with this again as with the Mango above. It is full of flavour, but it's got that edge to it telling me a few days maybe a week or more is required to let it settle. I'm on a tropical hunt to find that recipe or concentrate that ticks my boxes and as I'm vaping these 3 ruby concentrates I'm already wondering if they'll mix and match.. that aside I'll need to come back to this, it's promising though.

Ruby Guava

The big hitter Guava for me has always been a dominant flavour and this ruby concentrate is no different, full on at 18%. I took one hit from my smok coil and knew I had over added. It was still fine but my tastes need this dialed down not up, so I've remixed at 10% and will revisit. I can say this is a fresh sweet Guava but not sickeningly, it's strong as expected and if there was a fruit pastile guava this might be it, only stronger and full in flavour. To be continued once I've found the best strength.

I'm hard pushed to find concentrates sold at this price that are as good, especially the pinkman, it's the best so far from all I've tasted, thoughts starburst steeped is not far behind, and the new Ruby Mango may well be a contender. I've got their fruit punch and cereal bought and in the mail so I'll be back with thoughts on those once I get them and mixed. One last point is to do with vape gear. I tested these all on my wife's cheap as chips mall stall vape pen and it just doesn't perform or allow these concentrates to taste how they should. If you are home mixing, try and buy a midrange mod and tank if you can afford them. All of your liquids will taste so much better.

I hope this has helped,
Al.

Hi Sp3,

I can't call myself hugely knowledgeable in the business (and after a year of mixing I'm not far off calling it an art) of mixing, VRUs fruit concentrates I've found can be shake and vape although definitely benefit from 4 to 7 days steep.
To back that up I've just finished a weeks steep of a number of concentrates..

I tested these concentrates at 15 and 18% using a geekvape griffin 25 plus freshly wicked kanthal at 45W, and baby beast X4 coils at 45W powered by my trusty RX 2/3.

Tropical Twist

I expected guava to dominate this as it does with lots of premade concentrates but it's not the case, it's a very well balanced fruit mix with the tropical taste to the fore. As an SNV it was a bit rough round the edges but after 5 days, it had steeped into a nice juice just sweet enough to take off any natural sharp edges from the harder fruits. Recommended at 18%.

Pinkman

Yes, it is similar to the now famous branded vape and it's good, in fact I'd say very good. It has that element of grapefruit at the front that does blend in but doesn't overpower the overall taste. A bonus for me is there's no cough medicine taste off this concentrate which I do get from the original and I'm glad there isn't as I don't like benylin or covonnia and I definitely don't want to vape anything like it..but I'm sure there's a few folk out there that do :) I'm happily mixing up 50 ml bottles and I know I'll be buying more.
It's fine from the get go but is best after 3 or 4 days. Its not a clone, but it's close enough for me at 18 -20%. Highly recommended.

Starburst

I'd say this is up there with pinkman in terms of taste.. but I'm not getting opal fruits, it's a lemon refresher for me. No, not the chewy refresher sweet, but the old packets of refreshers, the lemon and orange ones to be exact. Its a fresh, sweet taste with citrus and maybe a hint of opal fruits but really it's a full tasting sweet vape I am happy to recommend. SNV its fine, but at 18% this needed a week to smooth out. Recommended.

Melonberry delight

I didn't really get much melon or strawberry from this, I'm currently trying different strengths as it tastes almost muted so I'll be back to update once I can get a handle on %.

The Bomb

I'm not big grape fan so I wouldn't be inclined to like this.. however this is chock full of fruit. It's well blended and you can tell there's a lot going on in the mix, if I was a mixed fruit or grape fan, I'd be more than happy. Just because personally I don't like grape doesn't mean it's not a well balanced concentrate, I think it is. 15% mixed and tasted full of flavour.

After some emails chatting about flavours, Kirsty at VRU asked for some feedback on their new range the Ruby (named after a well known brand of tropical fizzy drinks) and a few days ago in popped Ruby Mango, Ruby Passionfruit and Ruby Guava..shake and vape thoughts below, and I'll follow up in a weeks time with steeped.

Ruby Mango

Off the bat I was hoping to like this as A I'm a fan of Mango and B I like a few cans of Rubicon Mango in the fridge during the summer months for those times you just want a cold sweet fizzy drink that's not sprite or cola.. my initial fear was this was going to be overly sweet as the drink is very sweet, but fortunately I don't get that from this mango. Vape inhale I'm picking up a mere hint of coconut and tangerine and on the way out it's full sweet mango, it's a little bit sharp but fine to SNV but really I'm expecting it to be smoother in a few days time. I'm sure I can taste a hint of cooling in there also which might even draw the mango out further.. I'm looking forward to trying it again midweek.

Ruby passion fruit

A nice passionfruit vape, its sweet and I'm sure there's a suggestion of sweet orange or tangerines pairing up with this again as with the Mango above. It is full of flavour, but it's got that edge to it telling me a few days maybe a week or more is required to let it settle. I'm on a tropical hunt to find that recipe or concentrate that ticks my boxes and as I'm vaping these 3 ruby concentrates I'm already wondering if they'll mix and match.. that aside I'll need to come back to this, it's promising though.

Ruby Guava

The big hitter Guava for me has always been a dominant flavour and this ruby concentrate is no different, full on at 18%. I took one hit from my smok coil and knew I had over added. It was still fine but my tastes need this dialed down not up, so I've remixed at 10% and will revisit. I can say this is a fresh sweet Guava but not sickeningly, it's strong as expected and if there was a fruit pastile guava this might be it, only stronger and full in flavour. To be continued once I've found the best strength.

I'm hard pushed to find concentrates sold at this price that are as good, especially the pinkman, it's the best so far from all I've tasted, thoughts starburst steeped is not far behind, and the new Ruby Mango may well be a contender. I've got their fruit punch and cereal bought and in the mail so I'll be back with thoughts on those once I get them and mixed. One last point is to do with vape gear. I tested these all on my wife's cheap as chips mall stall vape pen and it just doesn't perform or allow these concentrates to taste how they should. If you are home mixing, try and buy a midrange mod and tank if you can afford them. All of your liquids will taste so much better.

I hope this has helped,
Al.
mate i just seen this appreciate you going into as much detail i will have to have a look at some of these for definite while im waiting on my other juices steeping for a while

Back
Top Bottom