What's new

Flavour concentrate %'s. 10,15,20 or more...

tiger

Initiate
Hi vapers,

Don't forget i am new to this...

I have flavour concentrates from darkstar, flavour apprentice mainly and a couple of flavour west.
I bought a fair few with there 35% discount so i thought i'd take advantage. I want to learn quickly so i bought a shed load and have a few friends whom vape so i can send them some for their reviews. I was also thinking of sending out some samples to some apes here however I PM'ed a couple and got told off. I didn't realise you can't PM people without permission but i can understand why would people want to give me their address. Shame though i thought i could get some people of varying experience to review my e juice in comparison to others they have tried.

I only had a couple of flavours before but now i've got quite a lot so i wanna get mixing.
At first i have mixed only 2 flavours however i'm finding that if i use less than 20% flavour concentrate i'm just not getting the flavour i want. It seems i'm a flavour chaser. At 10% the flavour is barely there, at 15% better but still not what i'm looking for. I have one which i have made at 22% trying to replicate a blackcurrant vampire vape however i'm still not there, but not far off at all.

So i am wondering what is the highest % of flavour i can add. I'm thinking of going to 30% for a single flavour mix.
Is this just silly?? Are there any others out there who mix their own e juice and add more than 20% flavour?
What %'s do you use?

I have done a 3 flavour mix of strawberry, waffle and bavarian cream which came out nice at only 20% total flavour concentrate mix. Indeed full of flavour and quite strong. So i'm surprised that my blackcurrent flavour is still a little weak at 22%.

so flavour chasers out there, let me know what % of concentrates you use and what is the maximum you have used.
I'm not expecting to make exact replicates of vampire vape or others, close would be fine. I'm sure these companies use flavours and %'s which they wouldn't want to disclose, makes sense really. So i was hoping some experienced mixers out there could help.

Also how does steeping help? Does it reduce harshness and improve flavour?
I have noticed it reduces some harshness but dont notice that it improves flavour that much, however i have only made small amounts and mainly single concentrates. When i learn more i will mix flavours together. My strawberry waffle and cream is my first mix of flavours and came out surprisingly well.

What steeping times do people recommend? Single flavours and mixes? I believe darker concentrates need longer to steep maybe a couple of weeks. What is the longest steeping time for a flavour? and which flavour?

What do people add to enhance flavour?
any other tips or tricks would be great.

I have a sweetner and Acetyl Pyrazine.

If i make some e juice let it steep for a week and find it's not up to scratch and add more concentrate do i need to let it steep again for another week?

I'm making 3mg nicotine so i'm not getting issues with harshness at all. I find it a little harsh when i mix and vape straight away but this settles within 24 / 48 hours. I am making a table to learn, so i make some e juice and try a little everyday and write my findings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom