What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First order placed... Advise needed

vic64

Initiate
Hi there apes. Just placed an order with Rainbowvapes for PG, VG, 72mg Nic along with the following Flavour Apprentice concentrates: Raspberry, Strawberry (ripe), Peach (juicy), Blackcurrant , Expresso, Bravarian Cream, Rainbow Sherbert and Sour. With this I'm looking to make various mixes. When it quotes using a suggested volume of 10 to 15 % I take it they mean as total across all concentrates used ? Is there a "recommended" % use for the various categories of concentrate so 1 flavour doesn't over power others ? If so what would it be for those I have brought ?

Yes they will mean the total used. I haven't used those particular flavours so I can't really advise on how strong they are. I would make a few small mixes with your individual flavours first. Then you can mix them together straight in your tank. This will give you an idea of what goes well together & which flavours overpower the others.

This site is a good one to look at you can enter the flavours you have and see if there are recipes.
http://e-liquid-recipes.com
I would suggest not making them with a single flavour but like cooking think what will go and which ones may overpower the others.

At the end of the day you have to one way or another work out what suits you and recommended percentages can only be a rough guide.
I personally find recommended percentages tend to be too high for my taste.

Test batches of single flavours are a good place to start. From there you can move on to making different blends of these single flavours to see what works and in what proportions. I would test mine initially in a dripper, a few drops of this a couple of drops of that and a drop of the other to work out a rough recipe, I would make a blend of this recipe using my single flavour samples and if that was satisfactory, I would make up a proper batch, from there you will probably find yourself making small adjustments to the recipe each time you mix it.

The above is what I did when I started mixing. Now that I know my regular flavours I tend to test new flavours as a small addition to an existing recipe then a just with subsequent mixes.

There are as many methods as there are mixers, this is just one way.

Good luck.
Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom