What's new

First go at DIY

Tazd

Postman
Well today marks my foray into doing my own juice. Just thought I would share what I am doing to see what the pros have to say.

First juice is a simple Banana for the other half as that seems to be her go to flavour at the moment. Mixed up a 10ml test at 10% TFA Banana with a 50/50 ratio of PG/VG, not added the nicotine yet as will be using a nic shot to add that in a week or two once it's had a chance to steep.

OK now on to mine :) This is where I decided to get a bit more adventurous as I am doing a custard Base. The ingredients are the following

2% TFA Vanilla Swirl
4% TFA French Vanilla
6% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
5% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
3% FW Bavarian Cream
1% TFA Whipped Cream
1% TFA Sweet Cream
5% CAP Vanilla Custard

I have mixed up just the concentrates for a 30ml batch and have stuck that away to let them combine for a few weeks before I add the PG and VG.

Any obvious mistakes you can see??

Looking forward to any and all pointers

27%? Wow, that is going to be potent!

The ingredients are good, I have all of those tucked away in the cupboard somewhere.

Only way to find out is give it a good steep (That many creams and custards, it will need a very good steep) probably close to 8 weeks I'd say.

It should taste very good though if strong cream/custard is your thing.

I'm with @mattyk2010 - TFA's VBIC goes a bit peppery for me when it gets above 3-4%

I'm not sure I'd be able to taste ALL of those different vanilla flavours, they'd just turn into one big vanilla mush, I'd be tempted to leave out, say , the swirl and french.
However it could be utterly amazing and I may well have wasted my entire life by not trying this. ;)

I’d recommend adding the nic shots straight away. It won’t steep right without nic.

Like others have said, it seems like a lot of concentrate. See how you get on, but maybe a better way to start out would be to stick to one or two concentrates blended and see how you get on. You’ll not get an idea of what the individual concentrates tate like otherwise.

Well thanks for all the comments definitely gives me food for thought. With regards to the custard Base I actually got the recipe of here :) https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...hreads/vanilla-custard-base-mix.156245/page-3

Will see what it's like in a couple of months, if to strong can always dilute it later
Guess if its tried and tested should be good.

Found this recipe on some Reddit forum. A monster custard.

Vanilla's Madness
  • 2% TFA Vanilla Swirl
  • 4% TFA French Vanilla
  • 6% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
  • 5% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  • 3% FW Bavarian Cream
  • 1% TFA Whipped Cream
  • 1% TFA Sweet Cream
  • 5% CAP Vanilla Custard
from <https://www.kritikalmass.net/proddetail.asp?prod=Vanilla-Madness>

Looks ridiculous on paper yes (27% !) but, I still keep making it as it is bloody delicious.

As others have said, definitely far too much flavouring in your custard recipe.

No one has mentioned it yet but your concentrates won't steep until you add the pg/vg/nicotine. You've basically made a one shot at the moment. Personally I'd half those percentages and see how you get on.

I wrote a bit of a guide here if you're interested, but looks like you already understand how to mix.

I've not used TFA banana myself but generally speaking you don't have to wait 1 or 2 weeks for fruit mixes to steep, most are good to go straight away or overnight.

I would agree, lot of concentrate. But dont change it till youve tried it.

Back
Top Bottom