What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

First batch... how long to steep?

BlueNoze

Initiate
So just finished my first DIY sesh. Quite enjoyed myself although think I have the wrong gauge of needles for the VG, was a bit stiff. Anyway, they are all the same combination of dragonfruit, passion fruit, strawberry and apple but just different %ages. How long do we think for steeping and where is best to leave them. Cheers Apes ....

lw770L1.jpg

Four straight fruit flavours would only need 48 hours before you can get into testing them. One or two fruit flavours would be good to go straight away. It's only when the fruit mixes are more complex (added creams and bakery etc) that they'll need more time ... 1 to 2 weeks.
Given that it's only 48 hours you'll want to move them closer to the bananas. :)

Oh, and I think number 5 is the winner!

48 hours is a go for me too [emoji3]

But I'm picking 3 for the win! [emoji12]

Shake and vape baby!! 48 hours, lol, you craaaazy?!?!?!?

No seriously, mostly I just shake and vape. I use other peoples recipes and mix big bottles though, as whenever I've done my own concoctions they taste rank.

Id try them straight off the bat as theyre all-fruit! Then try them again every 24hrs, should improve slightly, dragonfruit likes a wee steep in my experience

Going to give them a go today.. still smell strong and bit artificial even after a breathe last night. Will keep you posted !

Going to give them a go today.. still smell strong and bit artificial even after a breathe last night. Will keep you posted !
How they doing ? They must be good now.
Here's a tip for you warm your VG a little which will thin it out a bit making it easier to handle

Thanks for the tip. Should help with the VG. Mixes where OK for a start I guess. Not a fan of the TPA strawberry , at least not in the percentages I was using so just need to tweak my next batch. Number 6 was the best BTW haha

Back
Top Bottom