What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Favourite simple fruit recipes?

doobiesnax

Postman
View attachment 155767 View attachment 155766 I’m very new to mixing, and had disappointing results pretty consistently (so yeah, my mixing skills are definitely consistent which, in a way is a positive!)

I seem to like simple fruit flavours, and berries especially. As a kid I’d always go for strawberry or blackcurrant, and to this day, blackcurrant is still probably my fav sweet flavour (think skittles, or foxes fruits)

I really can’t get on with vanilla or bakery flavours, creams, or custards, it’s fruits all the way for me.

My only consistently good juice I’ve made has been predominantly chefsflavours blackcurrant (on its own I mix @20%) I’ve made a great juice adding flavour arts grapefruit, and another with flavour arts cherry (both @15% blackcurrant with 2% flavourarts flavour) but that’s pretty much it lol, everything else has just been blah!

All these flavours above I feel are pretty much redundant as they don’t seem to have that ‘berry hit’ that I seem to be chasing (and yes, that’ll be because most of them aren’t berry flavour hahah)

So, for all you fruit nuts, what’s your fav fruit mix/flavours?

Oh, and if you have any ideas for recipes that I could use with the above flavours, go ahead and mention them please.

Edit: DTL, SXmini, Vandy vape kensei.

I would recommend FA white peach, fuji apple, black cherry, fig, kiwi. I like sicilian lemon, mandarin, pear as well. I have more, but those are the standout ones:

Good look on the grapefruit, it’s excellent. I don’t vape fruit flavours that much, mostly as an addition to tobacco based mixes, but I’ve been enjoying 1.5% FA kiwi, 2% TPA strawberry ripe + 1% vape train jam it. This is fantastic just mixed up in the tank with some FA mozzarella.

Atmos labs have some good fruits as well, expensive though.

I currently just trial and error method.
I bought a few fruit flavours each time I ordered Vg Pg.
Blueberry and raspberry mixed is nice.
Apple and blackcurrant another decent one.

Flavour art Citrus mix at 5%, FA Forest fruit 5%, FA Raspberry yep 5%. FA Kiwi is a nice addition but can overpower anything else above 1% I usually just add it at .5%. All those go well with FA Champagne too at 3%. FA Tahiti Lime (cold pressed) is nice too.

FA Kiwi is a nice addition but can overpower anything else above 1% I usually just add it at .5%.

You think? I’ve got it at 1.5 with strawberry ripe and they mix quite well. It is pretty strong. But then a kiwi tastes pretty str my. Maybe I’ll try 0.5 on the next batch and see how it goes.

You think? I’ve got it at 1.5 with strawberry ripe and they mix quite well. It is pretty strong. But then a kiwi tastes pretty str my. Maybe I’ll try 0.5 on the next batch and see how it goes.
Yeah for my taste it does. I mixed it in with the Forest fruit at 2% and it was the dominant flavour. Did one at 3% and it was all I could taste. Guess we perceive some different from others. I struggle to taste apple flavours and FA banana has no taste at all to me but others say how strong it is. Funny what we can and can't taste at times really.

Some great recommendations there’s thank you. I notice you all go for FA, is that pretty much THE go to for diy?
I’m liking the cherry and the grapefruit as a touch to blackcurrant, though on their own, they don’t really do much for me. Do any of you try them straight when you first buy them, to get an idea of their flavour? I’m so reluctant to waste more juice than I already have, that I now mix them up on their own, and then when I have their percentages right, I play around adding them to each other....is this an arse about face way of doing things?

Apple sounds a good staple to own, and yes, with blackcurrant, would make a lovely simple mix. The fantasy Apple I bought is bloody awful, it’s almost like a one shot, with hints of menthol and other medicine cabinet tastes even at 9% it’s very strong, and NOT apple lol (no description on chefs flavours other than ‘apple’)

Forest fruits sounds perfect for me, no idea why I didn’t get that one! As is raspberry.

Kiwi, could add a lovely hint at low percentages as mentioned!

White peach, that and pear could be lovely!

As for differing tastes, taste is so subjective, hence the reason I STILL haven’t tried following a recipe. I’m still pretty certain my taste buds are shot for certain flavours. Some of the fruit mixed juices I’ve bought because they were recommended to me at my vape shop I either can’t taste ( anarchist pink lemonade) or just have an awful after taste (momo soda-Lish tastes like sick to me). The guys in the shop are stunned, saying they absolutely LOVE these two.....anarchists blue slush I liked, but was weak to my senses. Flawless infamous is just plain disgusting, about the only one I like is wick liquors Boulevard, but a bit overpowering, so don’t vape it much.

My point is, these were all recommended as being very popular fruit based juices, yet I only really liked ONE of them (there’s a couple of others I didn’t mention) We all like different things, and saying ‘I love fruit mixes’ does not mean I’m going to like others fruit mixes. I like to be different, I’ve never wanted to be like other people, I’m ‘me’ but for feck sake, I wish my taste was the same as everyone else hahah

I'll add a wee bit more fruit for thought then.

Found a couple for recipes for fruity tobacco, one has Dark Plum and blueberry the other has fig and redcurrant. I'm still waiting for the mto ripen up properly, and aye, you'll may no like the tobacco ( it does add a nice background to it all!!) but the plum, blueberry and cream mix is quite tasty! Just wish I'd used a better tobacco base.
Fig and redcurrant has a lovely zing the now, should mellow and mature quite well.

Do watch out with pear as some concentrates are more pungent than others and will over power a blend. Pear, Green Tea and Apple would be a kinky wee toot and is next on my 'give it a bash' list come warmer weather.

Alltheflavours.com - you may not want to follow a recipe per say but worth a look thro' to see what others have done and get an idea of how you can twist it to your own tastes and available kit.

Keep at it, you'll make plenty good, bad and ugly juice but you will find at some point a couple that make you very happy.

I'll add a wee bit more fruit for thought then.

Found a couple for recipes for fruity tobacco, one has Dark Plum and blueberry the other has fig and redcurrant. I'm still waiting for the mto ripen up properly, and aye, you'll may no like the tobacco ( it does add a nice background to it all!!) but the plum, blueberry and cream mix is quite tasty! Just wish I'd used a better tobacco base.
Fig and redcurrant has a lovely zing the now, should mellow and mature quite well.

Do watch out with pear as some concentrates are more pungent than others and will over power a blend. Pear, Green Tea and Apple would be a kinky wee toot and is next on my 'give it a bash' list come warmer weather.

Alltheflavours.com - you may not want to follow a recipe per say but worth a look thro' to see what others have done and get an idea of how you can twist it to your own tastes and available kit.

Keep at it, you'll make plenty good, bad and ugly juice but you will find at some point a couple that make you very happy.

What plum concentrate are you using?

As for the apple and green tea, I sometimes mix an apple and jasmine tea which is very good. I’ll need to try it with pear. I need to get more tea concentrates.

Got the Dark plum from justvape247, kandihead if memory serves.

Jasmine tea you say? hmm, interesting!!

Back
Top Bottom