What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

F#%$@*& DIY JUICE P/$%&@ ME OFF

What juices were you vaping before you started mixing?

If you got used to US juices, packed with sweeteners and enhancers, DIY juices could seem a bit harsh.
Hey mate, started with strawberry whip by element but that was way to sweet and eventually ended up on juices like strawberry shortbread and marshmallow by fluff pop but really any dessert flavours or sweets i like.

You might just need to steep them a bit longer. I know a lot of folks don't but I find anything with cream in it needs at least a month until it's not cat piss for me. Even simple fruits take a week till I like them.

A strawberry ice cream I like is:

6% liquid barn vanilla ice cream
2 % tfa vbic
1.5% tfa marshmallow
1.75% tfa bavarian cream
1% cap sweet cream
5% cap sweet strawberry
2.5% INW shisha strawberry
0.25% FA MTS

It's a quicker steeper than using TFA VBIC but you can sub out the liquid barn ice cream for VBIC at 8% instead of 2%. Just means you have to leave it 4 or 5 weeks till the peppery taste goes away, whereas with the LB ice cream I can vape it at 2 or 3 weeks.

Steeping and the like are all specific to the person I find. Some will swear by not steeping long at all and others like to leave their mixes for ages. It's finding what suits you is the thing.

You might just need to steep them a bit longer. I know a lot of folks don't but I find anything with cream in it needs at least a month until it's not cat piss for me. Even simple fruits take a week till I like them.

A strawberry ice cream I like is:

6% liquid barn vanilla ice cream
2 % tfa vbic
1.5% tfa marshmallow
1.75% tfa bavarian cream
1% cap sweet cream
5% cap sweet strawberry
2.5% INW shisha strawberry
0.25% FA MTS

It's a quicker steeper than using TFA VBIC but you can sub out the liquid barn ice cream for VBIC at 8% instead of 2%. Just means you have to leave it 4 or 5 weeks till the peppery taste goes away, whereas with the LB ice cream I can vape it at 2 or 3 weeks.

Steeping and the like are all specific to the person I find. Some will swear by not steeping long at all and others like to leave their mixes for ages. It's finding what suits you is the thing.
Solid advice there mate, i am ordering new vg and pg in today just to be safe and i will definately give this ago asap! How long would you recomend steeping it?

Solid advice there mate, i am ordering new vg and pg in today just to be safe and i will definately give this ago asap! How long would you recomend steeping it?

2 or 3 weeks if using the liquid barn stuff mate. The creams come through more at about a month for me but the lb ice cream's nice enough after a couple of weeks.

If using just the TFA VBIC leave it twice that. It's horrible if not steeped out at 8%. Again this is all just my personal taste. You might get on great with it after a couple of weeks but it's harsh and peppery for me unless I leave it 4 or 5 weeks.

Another good tip is to use flavourart MTS on any harsh mixes you make. One or two drops per 10mls can really smooth the harshness out after a couple of days, even if it just smooths it a little it's worth it.

2 or 3 weeks if using the liquid barn stuff mate. The creams come through more at about a month for me but the lb ice cream's nice enough after a couple of weeks.

If using just the TFA VBIC leave it twice that. It's horrible if not steeped out at 8%. Again this is all just my personal taste. You might get on great with it after a couple of weeks but it's harsh and peppery for me unless I leave it 4 or 5 weeks.

Another good tip is to use flavourart MTS on any harsh mixes you make. One or two drops per 10mls can really smooth the harshness out after a couple of days, even if it just smooths it a little it's worth it.
Cheers budd! Any recomendations of where to get the best vg and pg i had someone say lubrisolve and another say lucemill?

I've had mine from Darkstar in the past but just recently got some from lucemill. Yet to try the lucemill stuff but they're quite cheap for a 2.5l VG and 1l PG bundle. I assume it's all pretty much similar stuff.

So..... where the fuck am i going wrong? I have be trying to make my own juice on and off for around 6 months but every time i try i get either a very harsh juice with poor flavour or i get a little flavour followed by a huge chemical spill taste in my gob.

So to tell you what i got going on, firstly i get all my PG,VG and concentrates from chefs flavours, i use these as they are only a 10 minute drive from where i live and the reviews didnt seem all that bad. So i cant remember all the recipes i have tried over the last 6 months as there has been an endless list of failures so a friend of mine recomended trying one shot concentrates as he said they are pre mixed and just add my pg vg and nic and IM GOLDEN[emoji108] turns out even thats gone tits up and tasted like shit!

I made 4 10ml testers for each flavour as follows:
RECOMENDED MIXING AMOUNT FOR BOTH WAS 20%

UNI MILK- 16%, 18%, 20%, 22%
STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM- 16%, 18%, 20%, 22%

and 2 weeks steeping away i opened the box to find 8 bottles of golden sunshine only to taste like cats piss.

So i got thinking and tried just the pg and vg on its own at 70vg/30pg but this just tasted sweet ish then i added the nic at my preffered strength of 6mg this again tasted fine........

So to conclude this absolute 6 month storm of pure shit what the fucking hell is going on?

Any insight is great!!!!
Avoiding being here and asking for help for a start.
Ill read the rest of the thread now.

No man i change it to 70vg/30pg
Cool
I rate anyone willing to give diy a go and if anyone asks for recipie ideas on here i suspect there will be plenty of apes willing to help.
Just need an idea on tastes.

Back
Top Bottom