What's new

Ethyl maltol help

Scott888

Mines the same so i just put mine in a bowl of hot water 5 mins before i need to use it

Sent from a vape cloud using Planet of the Vapes

Thanks just added a bit to my two mixes lol

First attempt at mixing just followed the mixing calculator on here ;)

Hope it vapes ok.

Try in cpl weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Hi guys.
Just got my first lot of mixing supplies, I ordered one bottle of em. Expected it to be a 10ml bottle of liquid em and its a 10ml bottle full of em crystals. I only want 10ml of liquid em as I have no 30ml bottles so would about a 3rd of the 10ml bottle of crystals in a 10ml bottle topped off with pg come out about right?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

mmm interesting ive just got some em from chefs vapour are the chrystals better, do you need to use less?
not used it yet its in fluid form not chrystals. is the recommended dosage the same @1drop per ml for the
ready made stuff ive got the chefs vapour em.

Ethyl Maltol crystals you need no more than 1:10 EM/PG ratio, makes about 10% EM solution, more than that won't dissolve i believe and you'll have crystals forming in the bottom when it cools.

Soooo, let me get this right. My 12gram sachet of EM crystals is good for about 30ml of PG. Everyone here keeps coming back to referencing a solid in terms of ml's rather than weight and is getting a little confusing

If you want to mix at 1:10 then it would be 12grams of crystal to 120ml of PG.

Here's a post I made about EM:

"Step two is mixing up the ethyl maltol. I'm finding some conflicting info on ratios, apparently you don't want an over saturated mix. 1g to 9ml pg is what is scientifically recommended for a stable solution although on here it says 10g/25ml which requires heat to dissolve fully but may result in a liquid that deteriorates over time and can be prone to crystal reformulation. "

I mix a gram with 10 ml of pg but you do need small scales for that .and we all know what kinda ppl have those lol .or not .well I don't but yea

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

I put 10ml of EM into 25ml of PG, put in warm water and swirled and shook regularly. Didn't work. I now have a 30ml bottle of PG with all the crystals happily sitting at the bottom. Spent about 2 hours of swirling and shaking to achieve that. I'm awesome.

Back
Top Bottom