What's new

Ethyl maltol help

whit77

Just got some ethyl maltol crystals, but got no means of weighing them, how much do I add to pg and once made do you add to your mix at the beginning or after steeping, any help appreciated
Cheers :)

Oooh, little tip here. Ethyl Maltol is not a sweetener, it's a sweet-flavour enhancer. It has very little sweetness it just has a cotton candy smoothness to it. It can also be used it way larger doses than most people recommend, it's not this crazy, sweet concentrate that you have to be careful with. I've even though about using it as a main flavouring (so making it like 10-20% for a candy flavour) and adding stevia for sweetness.

Yep I use it to POP our flavours and blending, I use PA sweetener, yet to try the Stevia tbh!

@KMS How much pa sweetener do you normally use just a average %

*Adds EM and sweetener to his shopping list

My custard was harsh as when I vaped it. My first mix, next to no sweetness going on with just Cap VC, Dulce and Caramel. Tasted burnt too, which I guess was the caramel

With one point three million vapers out there the person who writes a decent recipe book could become the Delia of vapeland.

Back
Top Bottom