What's new

Equipment

Wow fantastic collection love it
cheers fella. old picture so this is what it looks like now.

Image7662984572256445773.jpg

some people swear by those tiny blenders you can get. personally i don’t like to shake it too much, just a wee stir and away it goes.

bottles and a measuring cylinder is all i ever use.

So 60ml bottles are a good size for starters

yeah 60ml is good size I think.... I also have a bunch of 20ml that I use for testing stuff and mixes I only vape occasionally.

As Simon G has said.
The ideal combination 20ml & 60ml.

20ml is good for checking out new mixes.
60ml is good for 50ml of a mix you like.
Don't forget if you DIY you have at some point got to swirl / shake / etc, so you need a bit of room in a bottle.
If you find a mix you are going to use regularly, dont get 100ml bottles for a 100ml mix, use 120ml bottles.

I've bought a few different bottle sizes cheaply off ebay but now I use 30 or 60ml for testing sizes and 250ml once I'm happy with the recipe. On the 250's I bought, the ends of the drip tips needed to be snipped off first which was fine but also the plastic was a bit big for the kidney slots in my tanks but I sorted that out with a pencil sharpener and now they work perfectly and actually hold about 1/2 a pint of juice.

As others have said, don't bother with syringes and just stick to scales. Look for some that weight down to 0.01g.

I do find pipettes helpful sometimes when I'm refilling my 30ml flavour bottles because they have drip tips but I buy the flavours in 100ml bottles that don't come with a drip tip.

The only other bit of kit I would highly recommend is a 5ml measuring tube. You need to weigh the empty tube first then with any new flavours I buy I fill up the tube to the 5ml line, subtract the weight of the tube and then divide by 5 which gives me a pretty reliable weight per gram figure for all my ingredients.

I also like to use a speadsheet to keep all my recipes and all my flavour stash recorded, including the weight per gram numbers.

There are also lots of good recipe calculators but personally the only one I ever use is the one on here.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/e-liquid-recipes/mixing-calculator.php

I've bought a few different bottle sizes cheaply off ebay but now I use 30 or 60ml for testing sizes and 250ml once I'm happy with the recipe. On the 250's I bought, the ends of the drip tips needed to be snipped off first which was fine but also the plastic was a bit big for the kidney slots in my tanks but I sorted that out with a pencil sharpener and now they work perfectly and actually hold about 1/2 a pint of juice.

As others have said, don't bother with syringes and just stick to scales. Look for some that weight down to 0.01g.

I do find pipettes helpful sometimes when I'm refilling my 30ml flavour bottles because they have drip tips but I buy the flavours in 100ml bottles that don't come with a drip tip.

The only other bit of kit I would highly recommend is a 5ml measuring tube. You need to weigh the empty tube first then with any new flavours I buy I fill up the tube to the 5ml line, subtract the weight of the tube and then divide by 5 which gives me a pretty reliable weight per gram figure for all my ingredients.

I also like to use a speadsheet to keep all my recipes and all my flavour stash recorded, including the weight per gram numbers.

There are also lots of good recipe calculators but personally the only one I ever use is the one on here.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/e-liquid-recipes/mixing-calculator.php

Absolutely agree with you, good advice.

Back
Top Bottom