What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E liquid is harsh on the throat.

math_vapes

Postman
hello everyone.
I have started mixing my own juices.
I am getting happy with my flavours but in general they seem to be a bit harsh on the throat.
I have max vg liquids, my nic is vg, generally the mix comes out at 20/80 pg/vg
The nic is 3mg.

So my question is, are there concentrates which are harsher on the throat? Maybe I can add something to smoothen my vape experience?

Cheers

It can be a number of factors

1. What grade is the PG
2. what grade is the VG
3. is it high-quality nicotine
4. what flavorings as some can appear harsh

If you could post up what brands your using am sure someone can help :) and flavouring.

All of the above!
Also depends on how long you let the juices ripen. Some might well be 'shake and vape' but if in doubt give them a week or so then try, if still iffy, give it another few days.

Thanks for the responses.
I get my vg and pg from vapable. There doesn't seem to be a grade.
The nic I got from. Make my vape.
I use a mix of tpa and Capella concentrates.
I have let them steep for a week, they do get an it less harsh with time

what flavours are you using in the mix? never had nic from make my vape, sadly no grade on the bg or pg doesn't help because they could be low grade and that can cause your problems

Dark Star for your VG and nic needs next time chief!!
Always also worth checking the concentrate reviews for how much or what percentage other folks are using them at.

Again, which concs are you using??

Most of my mixes get at least 3 weeks to ripen up in the dark drawer of DIY, so if they are harsh after that, I know I've fucked up on the %ages!!

harshness can alway come from the tiniest bit too much nic or if you are mixing 100ml at a time and you are mixing your VG and PG at 80/20 then adding 20% flavouring aswell you be ending up with 60/40 not 80/20.

I'll make sure that I buy from dark star !

I use a calculator for my mixes and they end up have a percentage of pg under 20%
I always go for max vg so I never add pg to my mixes. As far as I know, the concentrates are pg based.
I'll get a list of the flavours i use.

Thanks again everyone for the help :-)

Back
Top Bottom