What's new

E-Juice consistent fail...

Bucket

Postman
Hi there,

I just don't seem to be having any luck with my mixes...

I made 4 different batches of RY4Double, including a Custard King, which is seen by many as a great recipe. None of these mixes taste that much different and they've had over 1 month steep-time. One is nutty, one is caramel/marshmallow, one is Custard King and on is my own tester with Graham Cracker and a tiny bit of Acetyl Pyrazine. They're all just a bit flat, no real body or big flavour explosion and I can't really pick out any of the flavours... Just really light and lacking.

After my first mix, which wasn't terrible but it wasn't good, I thought it might be my nic that was bad... But after I made a batch of RY-Whore I was assured that all my stock was fine. RY-Whore was just packed full of flavour, mixed at 20%. Plus, this was a shake and vape for me, smelt and tasted great right off the bat. Amazing stuff! How do you get it like this?? But, it killed my coils consistently after 2 days...

So lots of mixes down the line I'm not much better off... Then I thought it was Vapers Tongue, but I'm not sure whether this was the case because I made some Inawera tobacco standalones and I could pick out the flavours in each tobacco - plummy, honey, nutty etc...

I really want to make something similar to RY-Whore but every time I try it just tastes the same - underwhelming, something missing, a bit crap. I keep reading people's recipes and they sound so good - creamy, biscuity, rich, caramel, deep etc... but I'm getting none of that.

I did a Inawera Biscuit standalone today at 3%, 50/50 and it just tastes like not what I'd expect. No biscuity butteriness, just a bit crap... I know steeping is recommended but surely when it's mixed you should be able to taste something substantial, and then the taste gets better from there?

I just did the same mix without nicotine and it tastes the same apart from being really weird scratchy on the back of the throat when I inhale... what's that about?

VG/PG is from Lubrisolve and it tastes fine.
Nic is from Darkstar and I'm presuming it's fine.
Flavours are from Vapeable and Rainbow Vapes, both of these companies have been great and I'm sure the concentrates are fine.

My concentrates are -

TFA RY4 Double (caramel & vanilla)
INA Cuban Cigar (mild cigar, dry)
INA Gold Ducat (honey, herby)
INA Seven Leaves (tobacco mix)
INA Gold & Silver (plummy)
INA 555 Gold (nutty, dry)

FA Caramel
TFA DX Caramel Original
TFA DX Sweet Cream
TFA DX Graham Cracker
TFA DX Hazelnut
TFA DX Coconut
TFA DX Marshmallow
INA Custard
INA Coconut
INA Biscuit
INA Spicy Biscuit
RF Lemon Sponge Cake
RF Dulce de Leche
RF Butter Toffee
FW Madagascar Vanilla
OOO Coco Stones

FA Forest Fruits
FA Tutti Frutti
TFA Apple
TFA Kiwi
TFA Strawberry Ripe
TFA Watermelon
TFA Pineapple Juicy
INA Shisha Strawberry
INA Grape
INA Pineapple
RF Banana
RF Pomegranate
FW Ruby Red Grapefruit

FA Vape Wizard
FA Aniseed
FA Black Jack
RF Cola
TFA Acetyl Pyrazine
INA Ethyl Maltol
INA Menthol
TFA Kentucky Bourbon

I'm using a Aspire Zelos kit and I love it... when I have a good juice! Also, my nic is at 10mg and I vape MTL.

To be fair to myself, I've done some alright fruit mixes, but they just seem so easy to get working... It's the biscuity, caramel, coconut, tobacco type mixes that I want to nail...!

This forum has been really helpful to me so far, I was just wondering if anybody had any advice please?

Thanks a lot!

RY-Whore is great...if you like it... just get it...fk it...why reinvent the wheel....and maybe use that as a base so to speak...and tweak away.
I like RY- Whore, CYmore, Emporium vapour Red ( tobacco with a touch of sweet biscuit) to name but 3.
I can't be arsed faffing around wondering how they did that, can I do the exact same without spending money and time on lots of concentrates (but that's me).
Its difficult trying to nail the stuff you mentioned(not impossible) these guys have taken the graft out of it, as I said you can always add your own spin on em.
good luck...happy mixing, most of all enjoy, who knows with time and effort you may crack onto something...after all they done it, but you will need patience...and if in the end you compare all your hard effort to RY-Whore....well you know the answer to that.:)

TBH I would agree in part with @weepapagirlrappers in that MTL you're not going to go through the volumes of juice for it to make that much financial difference mixing from scratch as opposed to a one shot.
Coil killing is usually down to sweeteners.
If you're insistent on mixing then only help I can offer is MTL you will probably need a higher overall flavour percentage and getting all of the components fully mixed is just as if not more important than steep time.

Yeh, I defo want to mix from scratch. I quite enjoy it, despite the results...

It is early days, I think I'm just gonna go a bit off-piste a bit on the percentages, cos as they are they ain't working!

Back
Top Bottom