What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

E Juice Concentrates - Use By Dates

tiger

Initiate
Hi Vapers,

I bought some e-juice concentrates but have just noticed the dates on them are very short.
All are due to expire in less than one year, some in September this year.

I wish to return them as i am quite surprised that the dates are so short and i would not use all of them by the dates.

So my question is what dates should i expect to see on them as expiry??

My thought would be 2 years at least.

Please help, what dates or length of time to expiry have others had?

Thanks Vapers

I've seen very few flavourings with expiry dates on, but I would expect all of them to be good for a year, and I'd expect most would be used up in that time.

The issue is more the manufacturing date - if kept in the fridge, I would expect them to last at least 3 years from date of manufacture.

I just binned absolutely loads of flavors - 1 year old. I think that is the max.

Hi Vapers,

Thanks for the 2 replies, i read somewhere that the 'use by' dates would be 2 years for most flavours and upto 5 on some sweet flavours.
Must be wrong there, Oops. However still need to return the flavours as i bought way too much in any case.
I was going to buy more but of other flavours. I've really gone into this diy mixing of flavours and 2 out of 2 have come out well.

A few more replies to this thread would be nice, just a quick note to say 1 year max or if anyone has seen longer dates
please let me know. Say another 3 replies would be very kind of you.

Just a thought but i am thinking of making a mix of flavours of e juice, with a mix of PG / VG and varying strengths of flavours,
I like strong flavours and would like to quickly learn how i can make quality e juice so peoples opinions would be very helpful.
However i also need to make a trip away for a few weeks so maybe after this.

Thank you so much vapers.

The first flavour I grabbed at random out of the fridge said use within twelve months.
I do not treat this as relevant information.
I will continue to use my senses to decide if my concentrates are good to use.
Same as i do with my food.
I like to order enough of my favourite flavours to last two years.
i do store them in a tub in the fridge.
All my flavours are currently over one year old and the oldest are two and a half years.
I suspect most of us go by - If it looks ok, smells ok and vapes ok, we use it.

The first flavour I grabbed at random out of the fridge said use within twelve months.
I do not treat this as relevant information.
I will continue to use my senses to decide if my concentrates are good to use.
Same as i do with my food.
I like to order enough of my favourite flavours to last two years.
i do store them in a tub in the fridge.
All my flavours are currently over one year old and the oldest are two and a half years.
I suspect most of us go by - If it looks ok, smells ok and vapes ok, we use it.

Hi,

Thanks that is great info to go on, you are definitely right there.

I agree, I have used concentrates past their sell by date and if they look and smell ok I use them, if not then bin them! Everyone is different though, I would do the same with food stuffs, most of the time it really depends how they have been stored and the ingredients in them! I can see a similar topic pop up several times in around a years time regarding nicotine sell by dates...

I think most if not all (when advised on label) will be 12 months.
Now if they have been on the shelf for 3 months you are only going to get 9 months.
I agree with above though - dates are a guideline, not definitive about to blow up or be deadly at the stroke of midnight on that date.
Your nose & taste are better than a date IMO.

I would be surprised if someone would take flavours back off you though.
Let us know and who the supplier was, I would not knock them for not taking them back but would be very impressed if they did.

Back
Top Bottom