What's new

DIY sweetener

itbitesa5head

Postman
Hello chimps.

Just wondering if anyone can help. I'm looking to make my own sweetener as I have done with my own menthol mix by using menthol crystals quite recently. I have had a snoop around and found some stevia + Erythritol mix and wondered if this would be suitable for mixing into a pg solution at say 5%? I don't want to spend money on it, try it and then bin it due to it being rank.

Can anyone advise? From what I've read Erythritol isn't very sweet but stevia is - my thought was that a mixture of the two may be a winner. If not then does anyone have any amazon links for stuff they use or what would be used in a solution? I'm looking to get away from sucralose as it's causing real problems at the moment with the disappearing cotton in the middle of my coil, resulting in a wick change and coil clean every couple of days. This is a pain in my arsehole.

Any help, as always, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

(Oh, here's the link of the stevia +Erythritol stuff I found on amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Erythritol-Stevia-Natural-alternative-replacement/dp/B07169Y64W) :)

Stevia is very sweet, aye. I’m not sure if it’s used as an additive in eliquids already, you could do a bit of research as it might be. You might want to look into whether any info is available about what happens when it’s heated. An eliquid and flavour concentrate producer once told me he uses only artificial flavourings because natural ones naturally contain impurities from the extraction process.

So google says people use it in diy liquids and you can buy it from some vape vendors in liquid form in vg or pg.

I've messaged @scrumpox to see if he can impart any knowledge about what specific type of stevia he was using.

I had a look at the other threads but there were no specific notes about which type of crystal/powder or whatever was used.

@Rickster that's what I was thinking - a blend of the two could prove to be a good combination. Sweet yet kind to coils.

Thanks for the answers you lot! I'll update my findings for anyone else who may be looking in the future.

:D

I've messaged @scrumpox to see if he can impart any knowledge about what specific type of stevia he was using.

I had a look at the other threads but there were no specific notes about which type of crystal/powder or whatever was used.

@Rickster that's what I was thinking - a blend of the two could prove to be a good combination. Sweet yet kind to coils.

Thanks for the answers you lot! I'll update my findings for anyone else who may be looking in the future.

Hopefully @scrumpox will get back to you....I got both EM and Stevia from him, a while back... so the man knows his onions....I no longer use sweetener myself, as I find most concentrates sweet enough for me...if I do find something needs a touch sweetened...I will try n get a flavour match in shisha or a cotton candy type to compliment.

Yeah, the one main mix that I'm wanting it for at the moment already uses marshmallow but I've tried it with no sweetener at all and it just isn't the same. I don't like overly sweet juices but some, imo, just need that extra slap of sweetness. If this combo stuff works then it may be the goldilocks zone for my future mixes!

Fingers crossed! ;)

Replied to your PM, good luck with it.

Back
Top Bottom