What's new

DIY Scales

nialb79

Achiever
Hi all. Finally looking to get into DIYing my own liquid and was wondering if anyone has got any recommendations for a suitable set of scales? Cheers in advance

Hi all. Finally looking to get into DIYing my own liquid and was wondering if anyone has got any recommendations for a suitable set of scales? Cheers in advance
@Huggett has a link to some scales which he recommended to me a while back and they are spot on..

I use a cheap-ish 0.01 scale without issues. You might want to get the smallest scale syringe as well. If you're mixing smaller batches like 5 ml, which you most likely will when experimenting, a few flavours might need to go in at very low fractions and the scale won't catch that properly. For those few I use a syringe rather than getting an expensive 0.001 scale.

I'm also a cheap 0.01 scale user - once I'd realised that all my syringes were taking up too much time, and making too much mess, I bought the first set I found online for under a tenner and they've been with me now for about 8 months without issue. I usually mix in batches of 300 ml and it takes me about 15 mins start to finish. I also occasionally will try new flavors, but what I tend to do is add a few drops to my ADV and then decide what percentage to add to my next mix, and so far I haven't thrown a batch away - some have steeped for a while before they're to my taste, but all have vaped satisfactorily. I may have simple tastes, but I know what I like.

Back
Top Bottom