What's new

Diy or Die

I believe @bigclaude mixes with 100% AG? This tends to be 'frothy' even when handshaking only so I'm not surprised that his whisked juice looks like a smoothie with a huge meringue on top lol x

Sorry to disappoint you, no AG was used in this mix so unfortunately you're incorrect.

I find it interesting that you'd canvas my opinion. Last time we had a discussion, you made some strong assertions, when I provided you with facts to the contrary you choose to continue making those assertions and ignored the facts provided. Why on earth would you think I'd want to go down that road with you again? Let's just enjoy the forum and not spoil this thread.

PS Check Harry Harvey out they've got some great deals on VG

I've not used AG yet. Do you find it a superior vape experience? or is it just to thin the mix without using PG?

Sorry to disappoint you, no AG was used in this mix so unfortunately you're incorrect.

I find it interesting that you'd canvas my opinion. Last time we had a discussion, you made some strong assertions, when I provided you with facts to the contrary you choose to continue making those assertions and ignored the facts provided. Why on earth would you think I'd want to go down that road with you again? Let's just enjoy the forum and not spoil this thread.

PS Check Harry Harvey out they've got some great deals on VG

Emmmm I think you got the wrong person. If you're talking about the thread in which you were discussing AG/deionised/distilled water with someone then that someone wasn't me. I did comment in that thread but only to say that I had some AG and wasn't too worried about whether it was distilled or deionised but hadn't yet experimented mixing with it. I just experimented with it, wasn't overly impressed with it, recalled the discussion in which you said you used it and thus thought I'd seek your opinion. Sorry if I've offended you in some other way but I really think you've mistaken me for someone else :)

I've not used AG yet. Do you find it a superior vape experience? or is it just to thin the mix without using PG?
I think it serves a purpose for people who (for whatever reason) don't want to, or cannot use PG but find 100% VG to thick. Other than serving that purpose I don't think it is superior. Someone more experienced may provide a more informed view.

I find it way too thin @bobcat, I think 20% water is way too much in it - for tanks/RBAs expecially. That's why I was wondering if it worked any better in a dripper :)

Emmmm I think you got the wrong person. If you're talking about the thread in which you were discussing AG/deionised/distilled water with someone then that someone wasn't me. I did comment in that thread but only to say that I had some AG and wasn't too worried about whether it was distilled or deionised but hadn't yet experimented mixing with it. I just experimented with it, wasn't overly impressed with it, recalled the discussion in which you said you used it and thus thought I'd seek your opinion. Sorry if I've offended you in some other way but I really think you've mistaken me for someone else :)
You're right it was the other guy. My mistake. Sincere and full apologies.

PS Ur right about AG. I was indoctrinated to using ag by a tree hugger. I've since learned better.

Again apologies for mistaking you for the other guy x

I think it serves a purpose for people who (for whatever reason) don't want to, or cannot use PG but find 100% VG to thick. Other than serving that purpose I don't think it is superior. Someone more experienced may provide a more informed view.
I use it as i get a smoother vape from it i also think it helps with some of the harsher flavours.
i use pg nic so if im adding 10-15% or more of pg i don't feel the need to add more pg,
less pg less throat hit so i use the water.
I dont believe the water carries flavour like pg does but im not adding that much only 3%
im not sure on this but i don't think flavours are water soluble.

Thanks guys.

Its interesting that it can give a smoother feel than PG, but I think I'll stick to PG for the moment, mainly because I've just got soooooomuch of it lol.

I use it as i get a smoother vape from it i also think it helps with some of the harsher flavours.
i use pg nic so if im adding 10-15% or more of pg i don't feel the need to add more pg,
less pg less throat hit so i use the water.
I dont believe the water carries flavour like pg does but im not adding that much only 3%
im not sure on this but i don't think flavours are water soluble.

Exactly my thinking - was barely adding any PG so thought I might get away with omitting it altogether and that the water would substitute the throat hit and carry the flavour better than pure VG. Don't take this as a certainty but I'm pretty certain that flavour concentrates are soluble in water, if you put a drop of concentrate into water it should disperse thru'out and shouldn't just sit on top or form oily droplets. I sometime put a drop of new concentrates in 5 or 10ml of water to taste them properly as you can taste different taste accents within the concentrate that way when you can sloosh em about in your mouth a bit, even better if you use warm water as it helps the aromas and flavour reach the nasal taste receptors too. I'm going back to PG/VG mix and will carry on adding a teeny drop of saline, my tanks can handle thick juices and I'm not PG intolerant so it's of little matter. Coils spitting, hissing and popping like I spilled summat on the hob is offputting - the Lubrisolve AG has to go down the toilet I think :)

Exactly my thinking - was barely adding any PG so thought I might get away with omitting it altogether and that the water would substitute the throat hit and carry the flavour better than pure VG. Don't take this as a certainty but I'm pretty certain that flavour concentrates are soluble in water, if you put a drop of concentrate into water it should disperse thru'out and shouldn't just sit on top or form oily droplets. I sometime put a drop of new concentrates in 5 or 10ml of water to taste them properly as you can taste different taste accents within the concentrate that way when you can sloosh em about in your mouth a bit, even better if you use warm water as it helps the aromas and flavour reach the nasal taste receptors too. I'm going back to PG/VG mix and will carry on adding a teeny drop of saline, my tanks can handle thick juices and I'm not PG intolerant so it's of little matter. Coils spitting, hissing and popping like I spilled summat on the hob is offputting - the Lubrisolve AG has to go down the toilet I think :)
You could just add more vg to it to thicken it up if you add 1 part and to 2 part pure vg should give you around 5% water

Back
Top Bottom