What's new

Diy or Die

@krang I'm crossing my fingers for Bronuts as I had the raw ingredients to mix up. 1300ml and went ahead.

Today I hit Boardwalk straight without steeping, that banana flavour is awesome.

PistachioRY4 and Cuprian in steep. All good things come to those who wait I hope!

@krang how's your Bronuts looking? My 1300ml batch is still frothy from yesterday afternoon (I put it through a blender)

@krang how's your Bronuts looking? My 1300ml batch is still frothy from yesterday afternoon (I put it through a blender)
Looking fine. I just syringe it all into the bottles shake them up and leave them. The colour has darkened to a nice chocolate brown, it's a little bit heavy on coils buy no problem is you're a builder.

That's a hell of a batch hope you like it!!

I'm really enjoying it. I love how it's subtle and flavoursome and not to sweet. I'm finding the taste a bit towards Maltesers, Defo getting a malty sense on my pallet.

1476009672685.jpg

I would be wary of over mixing using a blender, some of the latest thinking suggests it may lessen the flavour with being aerated to much. I used to do the same, but found some mixes were weaker despite using the same specs on two separate mixes (one just mildly stirred, compared to whisked.) So i have gone back to the shake and wait method..

I would be wary of over mixing using a blender, some of the latest thinking suggests it may lessen the flavour with being aerated to much. I used to do the same, but found some mixes were weaker despite using the same specs on two separate mixes (one just mildly stirred, compared to whisked.) So i have gone back to the shake and wait method..
I have to agree frothing it that much can't be good although I see the logic behind it. "Hand shaking" is a pain in the arse though, I used to use ball bearings to help but got paranoid that they would corrode in the juice or something.

Thanks for the heads up. It seems like sound advice to be fair. I think I've gone a bit overboard with the litre batches of my favourite juice as I keep finding new things I want to mix. I might stick to 150ml batches for personal and only make the odd litre if it's the fam juice I sort out.

Again, thanks for the tip hombre.

I have to agree frothing it that much can't be good although I see the logic behind it. "Hand shaking" is a pain in the arse though, I used to use ball bearings to help but got paranoid that they would corrode in the juice or something.

I believe @bigclaude mixes with 100% AG? This tends to be 'frothy' even when handshaking only so I'm not surprised that his whisked juice looks like a smoothie with a huge meringue on top lol May as well take this opportunity to pick his brains tho - I just started mixing with AG and find that it makes the coils on my Cleito RBA spit and pop horribly, forcing me to go back to stock coils to vape it. I noticed you use a RDA and wondered whether I'd be better off using my 100% AG mixes in a dripper? Apologies for the hijack x

I believe @bigclaude mixes with 100% AG? This tends to be 'frothy' even when handshaking only so I'm not surprised that his whisked juice looks like a smoothie with a huge meringue on top lol May as well take this opportunity to pick his brains tho - I just started mixing with AG and find that it makes the coils on my Cleito RBA spit and pop horribly, forcing me to go back to stock coils to vape it. I noticed you use a RDA and wondered whether I'd be better off using my 100% AG mixes in a dripper? Apologies for the hijack x
I was actually going to say it looks like a pint of caffrey's lol but water does seem to froth a little more depends on how much your using.
I use ditilled water in all my mixes and find 3% plenty and use as much vg as possible depending on the amount of flavouring used.
cant say I get excessive spitting at that ratio.
to stop spitting try making your own avg using 3% water to 97% vg, I think some places sell avg really thin at like 80/20
far too much if you ask me, when I first used it I did 5% water and found that far too thin.
I find even with 80vg that 3% water gives a consistency closer to 30/70 pg/vg.

I was actually going to say it looks like a pint of caffrey's lol but water does seem to froth a little more depends on how much your using.
I use ditilled water in all my mixes and find 3% plenty and use as much vg as possible depending on the amount of flavouring used.
cant say I get excessive spitting at that ratio.
to stop spitting try making your own avg using 3% water to 97% vg, I think some places sell avg really thin at like 80/20
far too much if you ask me, when I first used it I did 5% water and found that far too thin.
I find even with 80vg that 3% water gives a consistency closer to 30/70 pg/vg.

The AG I have is from Lubrisolve and is indeed a 80/20 mix and I agree it's way too thin. May just have to ditch it and start over as when I realised how damn thin this ratio was I was already thinking that I'd be better off mixing my own at 5% water or so. Or alternatively just go back to mixing with PG/VG again and take it from there, I've started adding saline at 1 drop per 10ml to my finished mixes just to counteract nasal dryness. Maybe I could figure out how much that is % wise and just add it to my VG and thin out a little that way too? I'll just experiment - didn't really wanna waste the AG I got atm but 80/20 VG/H2O is way too thin and doesn't carry the flavour all that well either - unsurprisingly everything tastes 'watery' :)

Back
Top Bottom