What's new

DIY Mixing Costs for 'One Shot Concentrates'

Has TPD brought you closer to DIY mixing MORE?

• Yes

• No

• Already Mix Everything Myself

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rukaguy

Postman
Just some maths I did from another topic that a newbie added

NB: One Shots/Shake and Vape are generic names for large bottles with the correct amount of concentrate contained in it, to be made up at home with your own nicotine/VG/PG to create a ready-to-steep or vape flavour such as these.

Many people want to have a cost comparison for DIY Mixing. This will probably not help any seasoned mixologist, but it may shed some light on some new 'One Shot Concentrate' economics; products that seem to be popping up everywhere. I envisage the TPD driving more and more people to mixing their own eJuice.

I personally use a lot of DripHack's stuff which is super easy to make up... and comes up as £8.50 for the 50ml concentrate which would make around 250ml of juice approx, but again you would have to add your own PG/VG and Nicotine - but this is so easy to do. It turns out to be a MASSIVE saving. My whole family use them. I buy the VG and PG cheap off eBay or Amazon from sellers I use frequently.

DarkStarVapour, DripWorx, DripHacks, Flavour Boss etc all produce similar products in terms of 'One Shots'.

I bought the nicotine prior to the TPD - so I have litres stored up frozen, but seeing as I use 3-4% as my strength - these last FOREVER... it's like 10-14ml per 250ml of eJuice... It was around £63 for 2000ml which is around 3p per ml.

There are still websites where you can obtain full-strength nicotine I believe... It's probably more expensive now.

I've mixed for around four years and you have to have certain things such as syringes, gloves, bottles etc, but these are cheap and reusable, so they're a small add-on to your cost.

The original poster cited they used 40ml of eJuice per week at roughly £15 per 30ml of their preferred juice.

I use 3-4% nicotine as my strength which is around 10-14ml per 250ml of eliquid (72mg/ml nicotine)

Some maths
- 2000ml of Nicotine 72mg/ml / 14 = Could be used to make 142 x 250ml eJuic - so you probs don't need 2L of it, depending on what you're vaping! I bought 2L for around £63 at the time - so that is 42p per 250ml if 3p per ml of Nic...
- £15 for 2L of VG/PG (probs best purchasing VG and PG separately mind...) / 250 = 8 x 250ml eJuice = £1.87 per 250ml
- £8.50 for the 50ml concentrate to make 250ml (DripHacks or similar)

eg) Probably around £10 for 250ml of eJuice - and this is from the more 'expensive' concs at around 20% mixing.

- So if you're saying £15 for 30ml - this is 50p per ml of eLiquid... which is crazy when you think about it.
- Making it yourself will probably be 4p per ml which is... a 92% difference? (plus your nic)
- So 40ml per week would cost you... £1.60 per week on average.
- Even if your nicotine was very expensive, this is liable to be a huge saving in the long run.

(*Haven't really accounted for more 'expensive' nicotine here I guess, post TPD - but I'm sure you could find a cheap source of it AT THE MOMENT...)

Obviously, the price is not the only factor - flavours, accessibility etc - but I have found certain companies exceed expectations and have excellent premium quality 'one-shot' concentrates but by saving money like this, you could also invest in new hardware, new flavours etc...

I just imagine that due to TPD and increased regulations, whilst this method of acquiring eJuice lasts, it's probably best to get acquainted and get down to making your own. Otherwise, we might all be in for a very expensive journey....

Of course, the cost may vary slightly, but the current massive savings are incontrovertible. I would love to see even more innovations and recipes produced by these websites.

Nice write-up. Not that it matters except to avoid confusing those new to mixing, but I think you mean you mix at 0.3 to 0.4% nicotine, which translates to 3 or 4mg.

After this I decided to calculate my current expenditure, very similar overall, but broke down as per ml cost so others can work their's out easily.
Only bought 500ml nic but that should last a good while, as I vape 3mg.
Based on prices I paid;

Nic works out £0.035 per ml (17.50 / 500)
VG is £0.0035 per ml (3.50 / 1000)
Concentrate is £0.333 per ml (10.00 / 30 - Dripworx, Cotswold etc.)

So if I use the whole bottle of concentrate mixing at 20%, I get 150ml, for a total cost of....£10.62. Not bad considering that £10 of the cost is the concentrate...

This was a ~£40 order that came today that made up...

2 x 150ml (30ml concs at 20%)
5 x 250ml (50ml concs at 20%)

1.55 litres of eLiquid

Needs to steep.... damn that key lime pie.... ;)

Also need something to mix with my concord grape...
20170622_224624.jpg

Just some maths I did from another topic that a newbie added

NB: One Shots/Shake and Vape are generic names for large bottles with the correct amount of concentrate contained in it, to be made up at home with your own nicotine/VG/PG to create a ready-to-steep or vape flavour such as these.

Many people want to have a cost comparison for DIY Mixing. This will probably not help any seasoned mixologist, but it may shed some light on some new 'One Shot Concentrate' economics; products that seem to be popping up everywhere. I envisage the TPD driving more and more people to mixing their own eJuice.

I personally use a lot of DripHack's stuff which is super easy to make up... and comes up as £8.50 for the 50ml concentrate which would make around 250ml of juice approx, but again you would have to add your own PG/VG and Nicotine - but this is so easy to do. It turns out to be a MASSIVE saving. My whole family use them. I buy the VG and PG cheap off eBay or Amazon from sellers I use frequently.

DarkStarVapour, DripWorx, DripHacks, Flavour Boss etc all produce similar products in terms of 'One Shots'.

I bought the nicotine prior to the TPD - so I have litres stored up frozen, but seeing as I use 3-4% as my strength - these last FOREVER... it's like 10-14ml per 250ml of eJuice... It was around £63 for 2000ml which is around 3p per ml.

There are still websites where you can obtain full-strength nicotine I believe... It's probably more expensive now.

I've mixed for around four years and you have to have certain things such as syringes, gloves, bottles etc, but these are cheap and reusable, so they're a small add-on to your cost.

The original poster cited they used 40ml of eJuice per week at roughly £15 per 30ml of their preferred juice.

I use 3-4% nicotine as my strength which is around 10-14ml per 250ml of eliquid (72mg/ml nicotine)

Some maths
- 2000ml of Nicotine 72mg/ml / 14 = Could be used to make 142 x 250ml eJuic - so you probs don't need 2L of it, depending on what you're vaping! I bought 2L for around £63 at the time - so that is 42p per 250ml if 3p per ml of Nic...
- £15 for 2L of VG/PG (probs best purchasing VG and PG separately mind...) / 250 = 8 x 250ml eJuice = £1.87 per 250ml
- £8.50 for the 50ml concentrate to make 250ml (DripHacks or similar)

eg) Probably around £10 for 250ml of eJuice - and this is from the more 'expensive' concs at around 20% mixing.

- So if you're saying £15 for 30ml - this is 50p per ml of eLiquid... which is crazy when you think about it.
- Making it yourself will probably be 4p per ml which is... a 92% difference? (plus your nic)
- So 40ml per week would cost you... £1.60 per week on average.
- Even if your nicotine was very expensive, this is liable to be a huge saving in the long run.

(*Haven't really accounted for more 'expensive' nicotine here I guess, post TPD - but I'm sure you could find a cheap source of it AT THE MOMENT...)

Obviously, the price is not the only factor - flavours, accessibility etc - but I have found certain companies exceed expectations and have excellent premium quality 'one-shot' concentrates but by saving money like this, you could also invest in new hardware, new flavours etc...

I just imagine that due to TPD and increased regulations, whilst this method of acquiring eJuice lasts, it's probably best to get acquainted and get down to making your own. Otherwise, we might all be in for a very expensive journey....

Of course, the cost may vary slightly, but the current massive savings are incontrovertible. I would love to see even more innovations and recipes produced by these websites.

Hello I have always used a tobacco or menthol in conventional gen 2 e-cig or mini nautilis small eleaf battery.

I have always used 24mg sometimes higher if out drinking. I am an old school big hitter of nicotine.
Obviously at moment 18mg the odd 20mg out there.

If i add 1.5ml to 1.7ml of new nic shots into my pre-made 18mg golden virginia to get it to 24mg will it be ok or will it dull flavour.
I am guessing I would let it mix for a bit.
But just seeking advice to those who make their own to see what effect etc it will have.
Not seen a single thread on those big hitters on 24mg and 36mg.

Also for a conventional old school user using tobacco flavour is a vg nic shot best or pg shot

thanks in advance

Rai

I tried to price the cost of a boss shot compared to making it myself, it ended up good value for money, because you have to buy a full bottle of concentrate and end up just using a little bit of it, fair enough you can still use the rest of the bottle, but generally good value for money

Hello I have always used a tobacco or menthol in conventional gen 2 e-cig or mini nautilis small eleaf battery.

I have always used 24mg sometimes higher if out drinking. I am an old school big hitter of nicotine.

If i add 1.5ml to 1.7ml of new nic shots into my pre-made 18mg golden virginia to get it to 24mg will it be ok or will it dull flavour.
But just seeking advice to those who make their own to see what effect etc it will have.

Also for a conventional old school user using tobacco flavour is a vg nic shot best or pg shot

thanks in advance

Rai

Generally, I have found it easy to up nicotine % if needed because I have higher conc nic in storage.
With more dilute nicotine, it will 'water down' your flavour concentrate, but it's still doable if you make your own juice of course.
The only real way to do this is to try it and see if the flavour is palatable to you - but this is the exact reason why I make all my own juice.

You could make your own Golden Virginia ejuice with all the ingredients and get the exact conc of nicotine you want too! Using nic shots might be expensive; but I believe there are still online retailers of the 72mg/ml nicotine option...

thanks in advance

Rai
This is messing with my head somewhat. My maths skills are not what they were and they were never great, but I don't think you can add any amount of 18mg nic' to 18mg juice and increase the nic' content to 24mg, can you? :56:

Back
Top Bottom