What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

DIY 100%VG?

I've give a link to Real Flavours concentrates but I just read the OP also asked about diacetyl free as well but that I'm not sure and tbh my thoughts on that are the amounts are probably that small especially compered to smoking that it's not even worth bothering about. Just think when we sit there watching TV stuffing our face with cookies, chocolate or things with cocoa in them, sweets with gelatin, flavored syrups, cakes with frosting, sauces, soft drinks, ice cream and evwn chewing gum are all common sources.

So if you enjoy any of them and probably a lot of other foods staying clear of nasties in ejuice seems pretty pointless especially considering the juice doesn't taste half as good.

Oh and just remembered Capella are doing a full range of version 2 flavours but more than likely PG based

I've give a link to Real Flavours concentrates but I just read the OP also asked about diacetyl free as well but that I'm not sure and tbh my thoughts on that are the amounts are probably that small especially compered to smoking that it's not even worth bothering about. Just think when we sit there watching TV stuffing our face with cookies, chocolate or things with cocoa in them, sweets with gelatin, flavored syrups, cakes with frosting, sauces, soft drinks, ice cream and evwn chewing gum are all common sources.

So if you enjoy any of them and probably a lot of other foods staying clear of nasties in ejuice seems pretty pointless especially considering the juice doesn't taste half as good.

Oh and just remembered Capella are doing a full range of version 2 flavours but more than likely PG based

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm sure diacetyl is much lower in e liquid than cigarettes, but that's like saying smoking 1 fag a day is fine as you're getting 1/20th of a 20 a day smoker. I don't eat most of those things, but I think that's kinda irrelevant anyway as inhaling is very different to swallowing something.

Still really struggling with the mixing. Tried a fair few now and nothing seems good to vape. Liquid may taste ok and smell ok, but vape it and its not good. Tried things straight away, steeped for a few days, cap off let them breath. Not much difference.

Also a big one, I dripped some liquid onto a glowing coil to cool it down. It set on fire! First time that's happened. Got alcohol in it or something?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm sure diacetyl is much lower in e liquid than cigarettes, but that's like saying smoking 1 fag a day is fine as you're getting 1/20th of a 20 a day smoker. I don't eat most of those things, but I think that's kinda irrelevant anyway as inhaling is very different to swallowing something.

Still really struggling with the mixing. Tried a fair few now and nothing seems good to vape. Liquid may taste ok and smell ok, but vape it and its not good. Tried things straight away, steeped for a few days, cap off let them breath. Not much difference.

Also a big one, I dripped some liquid onto a glowing coil to cool it down. It set on fire! First time that's happened. Got alcohol in it or something?

Hope you didn't think I was having a pop at you for not wanting to vape juice with so called nasties, my comments where really just my thoughts on the subject and your not on your own coz the amount of people that are concerned about vaping nasties is quite high. It's that high it's prompted a company as big as Capella to rework it's flavours. I have pull a post off Reddit for you to read, link below

On your coil setting on fire yes some juice does contain alcohol and ejuice is flammable. I dry burn my coils in an rda to clean them up the repeat dipping in water but at the start when I've pulled the wick out it will squeeze out what juice is in the wick and sometimes doss set on fire but will burn it's self out very quickly.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....a_flavors_with_zero/?client=ms-android-h3g-gb

Hope you didn't think I was having a pop at you for not wanting to vape juice with so called nasties, my comments where really just my thoughts on the subject and your not on your own coz the amount of people that are concerned about vaping nasties is quite high. It's that high it's prompted a company as big as Capella to rework it's flavours. I have pull a post off Reddit for you to read, link below

On your coil setting on fire yes some juice does contain alcohol and ejuice is flammable. I dry burn my coils in an rda to clean them up the repeat dipping in water but at the start when I've pulled the wick out it will squeeze out what juice is in the wick and sometimes doss set on fire but will burn it's self out very quickly.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....a_flavors_with_zero/?client=ms-android-h3g-gb

Not at all. Just putting my point across too :) I've heard of no illnesses or deaths from vaping, let alone linked to diacetyl! But until a bit more is known I'd rather stay away.
Thanks I'll read that.

Yeah I often dry burn to clean, then run under water. But sometimes I just drip liquid on to cool them down so they can be wicked. First time it's ever set alight on me! I did it several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke :)

Wish there was a bit more info out there on 100%Vg DIY. I'm really struggling. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, not enough flavour, too much, wrong VG/nic, expecting some flavour quickly but needs steeping, bad flavours.

Thanks
C

Edit. It's so bad I haven't vaped in over 12hrs :/

Not at all. Just putting my point across too :) I've heard of no illnesses or deaths from vaping, let alone linked to diacetyl! But until a bit more is known I'd rather stay away.
Thanks I'll read that.

Yeah I often dry burn to clean, then run under water. But sometimes I just drip liquid on to cool them down so they can be wicked. First time it's ever set alight on me! I did it several times to make sure it wasn't a fluke :)

Wish there was a bit more info out there on 100%Vg DIY. I'm really struggling. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, not enough flavour, too much, wrong VG/nic, expecting some flavour quickly but needs steeping, bad flavours.

Thanks
C

Edit. It's so bad I haven't vaped in over 12hrs :/
In order to help you better it would be useful to know the recipes you are making with percentages and what concentrates you have available.

In order to help you better it would be useful to know the recipes you are making with percentages and what concentrates you have available.
Thanks.
I have a fair few concentrates. 21 from real flavours. Fruity ones, orange, blueberry etc, creamy ones, cream, blueberry and cream, strawberrys and cream, ice cream etc. Sweet ones, cookie dough, cotton candy, banana split, custards: vanilla and cinnamon.
I've made blueberry, 8% off the top of my head. 10ml 3mg. Horrible.
Orange 8% 20ml. Could hardly taste the orange (but was nice when you could) so up'd it to 12%. Yuk.
Vanilla custard 8%, was OK from straight away, after 24hrs tasted worse.
Then a couple random mixes I made, there wasn't anything on that e liquid site, so I kind of winged it from a couple a could nearly make. One banana split with ice cream and custard or something. Not great (but smells good and a drop on my hand tastes good). One cotton candy with strawberrys and cream and something else. Smells ok, on my hand tastes VERY sweet, in vape tastes absolutely hideous! Like pure PG with loads of nicotine. Just tastes of harshness. Also the one that set fire.

IMG_1114.PNG

Here

Have you ever tried clicking on the
'what can I make' button it will list all the recipes on the site that you can make with your flavours, then if you click where it say ranking it will then sort the list into highest ranked.
Yeah I tried that. Only about 7 recipes came up, all using PG, and only 2 were reviewed. 1 3 star 1 5 star. The 5 star was a single flavour but using quite a lot of pg so I haven't tried it yet.

Yeah I tried that. Only about 7 recipes came up, all using PG, and only 2 were reviewed. 1 3 star 1 5 star. The 5 star was a single flavour but using quite a lot of pg so I haven't tried it yet.
Top of my head I'd try

5% blueberry
5% cheesecake
2% vanilla custard
1.5% graham cracker
1% cream
1% cotton candy

Just a small tester and see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom