What's new

Custard powder

Okay, here goes.

Don't be so stupid.

Custard Powder is far more than just custard flavouring. It has thickeners and a whole load of other stuff in it.

"Custard Powder is not actually custard which has been dried into a powder. It's mostly a starch that has been coloured yellow, sweetened and flavoured so that when hot milk is added the starch will make not only thicken the liquid, as a starch is bound to do anyway, but to give it the right colour, taste, and aroma for a custard-like sauce.

There are several name brands of Custard Powder, and many stores sell their own brands as well. When you mention Custard Powder, though, it's probably very hard for someone not to picture the red, yellow and blue cardboard tins that say "Bird's" on them.

Bird's Custard Powder is based on corn starch. The starches that other Custard Powder brands use include tapioca or sago starch. The ingredient list for a British tin, as of 2010, reads: cornflour (aka cornstarch), salt, colour (annatto), flavouring. The container also says, "Contains no artificial colours."

So, what you are asking is if it is okay to vape actual custard that includes starch and thickeners to make it the consitency of custard, but instead of adding milk, you are adding PG instead.

Do you think it is a good idea to put that in an tank and vape it?

Perhaps we could make a "Smash" vape too, using instant mash in PG? Or a Pot noodle Vape, using PG instead of boiling water. Or how about a Bisto gravy vape?

smh

It might be less bother to use the tinned custard. That's a liquid already so you wouldn't even need to mix it?

Or how about a Bisto gravy vape?

smh
86823_1.jpg

Just had an out there thought whilst looking in kitchen cupboard.

Noticed a tin of custard powder and thought i wonder if it could be mixed with of to make a custard juice.

Thoughts??

try it and put it on the chalenge thread :)

In this case....? Oh hell yes. This is one of the best I've encountered... I won't even vape Eliquid with a colouring in it. But Custard powder??

Back
Top Bottom