What's new

Creating your own flavour/extract

tampano

Hello lovely people of this forum. Please don't hate me if I'm posting a several-hundred-already-asked question. I'm in my third month of vaping after ages of cigarettes, enjoying it a lot and very curious about many aspect of this thing I should have started years before.

So...for this one of my many doubts/curiosities...here's the question: what are the requirements to extract and/or create your own flavor from scratch which, at the end of the day, can be considered vaping-safe?

I mean, even before entering the world of HOW to do that, is there some guide I can follow to understand the process? Of course I'm talking about the chance of creating a self made flavor that maybe is not on the market or just because you don't like what's on the market.

Is there a reason why the three or four concentrates I bought for Nutella tasted of caramelised sugar and a bit of hazelnut? Why can't I just throw my own jar of Nutella in some chemical procedure and have a concentrate from there?

I hope my question makes sense and you want to spread some light on it.

Thanks a lot in advance

T

You can make menthol from menthol crystals and a bit of pg, I think you can also do coffee, but not sure how u do that,

For the coffee and a few other ideas about concentrates search for a thread called 'concentrating on concentrates'
By @Chegs I think

I read an article once by the flavourist at TPA, I'll try and find it again.

There are two ways - one is to use existing flavourings (which are food flavourings) at a base level to come up with something new.

The other is to chemically reproduce flavours from their chemical formula.

One is a job for flavourists, and apparently a lot of perfumers have moved into vaping, and the other is for biochemists, so either way it takes a lot of know-how, and it can't be easy - I read once that there are only two banana flavourings in the whole world, for every food, drink and vape.

Back
Top Bottom