What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cooling Agents.

Mr Numpty

Veteran
Having use Koolada and only Koolada for all my juice cooling needs since I started, I would appreciate anyone's experience of other cooling agents, specifically the various WS agents.

I had a read of this article, which I found useful, but still don't know which ones people are using or would recommend, nor how they compare to Koolada.

So where are we with cooling agents? Am I labouring in the dark ages with Koolada? Do the WS-3s, 12s and 23s offer anything better? Have you used any of them? What percentage range is good and how does the cooling effect compare to the same percentage of Koolada?

Thank you.

Having asked on the book of faces also, it seems that WS-3 is Koolada, which is known to have a muting effect on flavours at certain percentages and has a taste to some, whereas WS-5 and WS-23 have no muting effect or taste. Or so the claims go.
WS-5 appears to have more than twice the relative cooling effect of Koolada and WS-23, half the relative cooling effect.

I'll just chat with myself here, carry on. :D

Hello, I got some WS-23 from drip hacks recently 20g powder......mixed at 9g in 30ml pg, which is 30% I think....
So far I just use it as I go...putting in a drop or 2 into a tank, rather than a fixed % of a mix.
Tis good stuff, n the way Im using no muted flavour.
I have experienced the "mute" with koolada, hence the reason Im using as described, but will prob make a fixed percentage at some point.

Hello, I got some WS-23 from drip hacks recently 20g powder......mixed at 9g in 30ml pg, which is 30% I think....
So far I just use it as I go...putting in a drop or 2 into a tank, rather than a fixed % of a mix.
Tis good stuff, n the way Im using no muted flavour.
I have experienced the "mute" with koolada, hence the reason Im using as described, but will prob make a fixed percentage at some point.
You say you put a drop or two into a tank. How difficult is it to mix it into the juice already there? Just a good shake or is it the type of thing that disperses itself equally? Is there any waiting time before you notice the cooling effect? I find a lot of juices that I like just need that little bit of cooling to meet my tastes and this would be a good start for me.

Thanks.

You say you put a drop or two into a tank. How difficult is it to mix it into the juice already there? Just a good shake or is it the type of thing that disperses itself equally? Is there any waiting time before you notice the cooling effect? I find a lot of juices that I like just need that little bit of cooling to meet my tastes and this would be a good start for me.

Thanks.

It would be no bother to add straight into the pre made juice mix, 1-2% perhaps.. wee dilution of nic though..
As I mentioned, having only used normal koolada before I wanted to test n see how it goes with WS-23.
Adding a wee drop here n there gives me versatility of cool, very cool, baltic, or none at all
Plus some of my juices steep for months on end, adding the cool later seems risk free to me:)

Edit: you could of course mix the ws-23 at a stronger concentration of say 50%, then add to pre mixed at a lesser %age....having a little difference on the nic content

Last edited:
Ws23 add to recipe at 0.5 - 4% depending on how cold you want it, be warned it's nothing like koolada, it's tons better and a lot "colder"

Last edited:
I use both Koolada and Ws23 as I don't seem to get much of an effect off of them on their own. I can use 2% ws23 and get hardly any cooling off of it! Same goes for Koolada, I've used 4% before and got pretty much nothing. The 2 together seems to work a little better but for now I'm having to use menthol as well to get a decent cool.

I think my mouth is broken.

Back
Top Bottom