What's new

Cooling agents, FA lemon iced tea

zouzounaki

Olympian
So I got some of this FA lemon iced tea concentrate some time ago, in a special offer clearance sale somewhere. I just mixed up a 10ml earlier today and have filled up the dvarw with it. What a surprise, little did I know it would have this cooling substance in it!

The concentrate itself tastes really good. But this cooling effect is quite unsettling. I’m not sure if I like it. It’s reminiscent of smoking a menthol fag, but without any flavour of menthol (the flavour obviously is lemon tea...)...

I don’t think I could puff this all the time. I think it makes me a bit nauseous. People that are always adding this to their liquid, or are mad for all these “ice” flavours, are they just folk that were smoking menthol fags? It doesn’t seem like the experience of drinking iced tea in any way, to me. It’s more like the flavour of a cup of warm lemon tea, with some kind of menthol effect. Very strange.

That’s strange, I would’ve thought you’d be used to the cooling effect running around the house doing the helicopter thing

Sounds like WS-23 to me, definitely more of the menthol fag sans menthol than Koolada.

I like it in some fruity mixes but never go mad with it. I got given some free premium juice as while back (Dinner Lady Summer Holiday range iirc) and they'd got overboard with it. Actually gave me brain freeze. I think if you vape it often you build a kind of tolerance to it.

I did enjoy a menthol every now and then though, but was more of a rollie smoker.

Hmm after less than half of the tank of this stuff, I have to say it’s horrid. It’s very bad. What are people thinking, puffing this stuff?

I'm not sure citrus flavours work all that well in an mtl device.
IMO i think menthol etc.... should be confined to tried and tested combo's like cherry or blackcurrant tunes or Cough candy types or just plain mint, menthols, or spearmints.
Outside these it just seems like another case of folks having no idea what theyre doing.

Sounds like WS-23 to me, definitely more of the menthol fag sans menthol than Koolada.

I like it in some fruity mixes but never go mad with it. I got given some free premium juice as while back (Dinner Lady Summer Holiday range iirc) and they'd got overboard with it. Actually gave me brain freeze. I think if you vape it often you build a kind of tolerance to it.

I did enjoy a menthol every now and then though, but was more of a rollie smoker.

First time I vaped the Dinner lady summer holiday stuff, I nearly had a coronary! Coughed and choked like it was my first ever vape. Soon developed a tolerance though but never really liked it, as it messed up my palate for all my other flavours. Koolada needs to be used as a very subtle brightener for certain fruits etc, not laid on with a trowel.

Hmm after less than half of the tank of this stuff, I have to say it’s horrid. It’s very bad. What are people thinking, puffing this stuff?

In the right recipe it can really add to the vape. I was working on a cucumber bourbon cocktail vape and once I'd nailed the percentages to my liking I added some WS-23 to put it over ice, finished it off nicely.

First time I vaped the Dinner lady summer holiday stuff, I nearly had a coronary! Coughed and choked like it was my first ever vape. Soon developed a tolerance though but never really liked it, as it messed up my palate for all my other flavours. Koolada needs to be used as a very subtle brightener for certain fruits etc, not laid on with a trowel.

Definitely was that range then, but I'd again say it was WS-23 rather than Koolada. Koolada tends to have a slight chemical taste to it whereas WS-23 is just pure cold. Regardless, they were far far too heavy handed with it for me in the whole range. A lot of sub standard recipes are just covered with cooling to hide them. A shame because the mango was quite nice underneath the excess cooling and sweetness.

I'm not sure citrus flavours work all that well in an mtl device.

They can do, I have a few mixes with lemon, grapefruit and orange that I puff now and again. Black tea and lemon being one of them. Excellent in an mtl device, in fact.

IMO i think menthol etc.... should be confined to tried and tested combo's like cherry or blackcurrant tunes or Cough candy types or just plain mint, menthols, or spearmints.
Outside these it just seems like another case of folks having no idea what theyre doing.

I had a search on google and there are people who seem to like this particular flavour. There is also someone on elr saying it doesn’t have enough cool in it.

No, I think it’s just that I don’t like this stuff.

If anybody wants this concentrate let me know. It’s almost full, less than 1/2ml used.

The idea of this stuff has never appealed to me, and this has confirmed that i don’t like it. I don’t think it’s a bad concentrate, the lemon tea is spot on I just can’t be doing with the cool sensation.

Back
Top Bottom