What's new

Concentrate Allergy?

I'd put your desired percentages into steam engine and 10ml that way you've not got the inaccuracy of drops.

I find a lot of the recipes on ELR are rubbish (although not all ofc). I've had much more success on ATF with mixes.

ELR is great to see usage percentages though and a good starting point for how much to use in a single flavour test.
Sorry, i probably wasn't very clear. What I mean is - On ERL they have two recommended percentages for flavours, one to use as a single flavour and one for using in a recipe. So for example CAP Blackberry is 3.8% in a recipe OR 5.6% as a single flavour. I'm unsure which strength to use as I'll be mixing 5ml up as a single flavour, but then mix a couple of drops of that with others while experimenting. Does that make sense?

(And yeah, ATF is much better, but I'm trying to mix my own)

The recommended percentages are just numbers made up by members, you should only use them as a very rough guide. I always start low and increase if required.

Why not just stick to the flavourless liquid, though?

The recommended percentages are just numbers made up by members, you should only use them as a very rough guide. I always start low and increase if required.

Why not just stick to the flavourless liquid, though?
Er..cos i like flavour...:lol1:

Yeah, I think that number would be the average of everybodies made up numbers, but i get what you're saying. I guess i am just overthinking as usual. fuck it, 50% for everything! :flames:

Well after an extremely boring weekend on unflavoured vaping, the cough has gone! So there's something somewhere that doesn't like me. :11:
Now I'm looking at inventing my own actual recipes rather than relying on ones posted up at elr which invariably contain juicy peach and strawberry ripe (for the ones i fancy anyway) This brings me to....
:yahoo:STUPID NEWBIE QUESTION # 7544841559:yahoo:

Whats the best way to make up some single flavour tasters? strong or weak? bearing in mind i'll be adding, say, four drops of X to two drops of Y. How will i be able to work out what the final percentage will be? Am i overthinking it?

definitely start on the 'weak' side .... with just a single flavour it has nothing to compete with, so you shouldn't have a problem tasting it, also some flavours taste yuck if you use too much.

definitely start on the 'weak' side .... with just a single flavour it has nothing to compete with, so you shouldn't have a problem tasting it, also some flavours taste yuck if you use too much.
Yes that makes sense. I guess the more you use it could actually change the flavour a bit (too much citrus or bitter for example)

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Definitely stay on low side when testing. I am lazy so I have a look at reddit diy ejuice and see if someone there has tested as they often test at different strengths. Below is a review of Capella blackberry at 3 & 6%

ATF also have recommended %. ELR is too hit and miss for me - I only use it as a last resort

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Definitely stay on low side when testing. I am lazy so I have a look at reddit diy ejuice and see if someone there has tested as they often test at different strengths. Below is a review of Capella blackberry at 3 & 6%

ATF also have recommended %. ELR is too hit and miss for me - I only use it as a last resort
Cheers, I do feel better. Big Relief.
Yeah I've read loads of that, and use it and ATF regularly, but as we all know 'flavour is subjective' so i need to try stuff for myself rather read than whats little more than hearsay. lol
Cheers everyone.

Back
Top Bottom