What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Cola Mixes too harsh, why?

viper

Achiever
is it just me or has anyone else found the cola mixes to be a bit harsh on the throat?
Ive made cola mixes in the past using concentrates from CAP and TPA. I had the same issue then.

I made a mix using the FA Cola and its the same. I only put 3% of cola in. I even added a small bit of Smooth in there too but made no difference. Ive lowered it in past too in my other mixes. Still got same results.

Ive even noticed the harshness from a cola mix that I bought from a vendor a couple months ago.

I let my friend try it and he said the same.

Anyone else notice it?

Hmm..thats an oddie! I use Flavour Art cola, generally at around 6%. Mixed with FA Brandy or Jamaican Rum. Never had it come across harsh or bad ever. I usually mix 65% vg and 35% pg. Maybe there is a problem with your vg/pg? But if your other mixes with the same vg/pg are ok then its a puzzle.

cola are only suppose be used at low flavouring mix % like @Tazz is using 6%, alot of the good cola out there are usually mixed with other things such as cream ( cola float) cherry or citrus and so forth to stop the harshness.

sorry I should've mentioned it before. Im making it in 70VG 30PG. All my mixes are done in this ratio. Sometimes if im bored or feel like it then ill change it up.

Ive tried other cola's and found it the same. I think vandykevapes is right, I should add some cream to it. I used to add it before as I was going for the float taste but all my tests failed, I think its prob cause I used too many different types of creams which kept pushing the cola flavour to the back.

But I've always found in the beginning it is a bit harsh, even a cola on its own.

I make other dessert flavours and they are fine, infact they get better with more steeping.

Its just the cola one that I am having trouble with.

Any of you fancy sharing your own or any recipe that I can try for a simple coke float? could give it another go.

I have another cola mix sitting there that I made which I havent tried yet, I used CAP cola with a lil bit of vanilla swirl from TPA , with bit of smooth an a tad sweetener added.
Also still got the FA cola mix sitting there, not tried it again since.

Any recommended steep time for cola mixes? Or a coke float?

Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom