What's new

Cheapest diy kit

I forgot, had to double check lol. I wanted to try the Inawera from your recommendation as the low percent of flavouring to use is great value. These one shots sound handy, I'm thinking I can add some subtle notes to the mix once I get the hang of it to make them even better.

Actually came to just over £17 with free delivery, only bought 4x nicotine

View attachment 222019

the bakers dozen one is mount baker vapor rebottled so should be good, need to go in at 20%

Ebay or Amazon are as good as any place to get a good deal on most mixing essentials from a jewellers scale to a litre of VG and syringes

The £shop was the place to find shot glasses, cups for mixing vessels.

I think pre tpd strength nic base is still available to those who show an interest?
( i may have misread between the lines there, please correct me if i am wrong.. )

And flavours are best sourced based on your taste buds not mine.. ;) but starting with flavour concentrates for juices you know/like is probably best.

have fun

DIY is the most economic way. It's not rocket science, if you can make a cup of tea you can make juice however, you need to understand that there's time and effort involved in the learning curve.
Nobody else's tastebuds are the same as yours. There's no substitute for patience and keeping notes so that every success and failure is a learning opportunity.
If you're the type who expects instant results for no effort whatsoever and if you focus on "cheap" rather than "right" then you'll more than likely fail. Ideally, you need to be the type who would enjoy the process of learning how to mix and not be defeated by the bumps along the road.

The only advice i would give because i haven't been doing it long is VG and Syringes don't like each other, well in my opinion they don't.

I started mixing about 6 months ago. One thing I would say is don't worry about what anyone else is vaping. Your taste buds are as individual as your finger prints. I started by thinking about what ere the flavours I loved the most and then thought about how I could mix them together to get a really excellent flavour taylor made to my own preferences. It's then up to you to decide how much of each flavour you prefer and you can basically tinker to your hearts content until you feel you've really nailed it.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com has well over 100,000 different recipes submitted by various amature and professional vapers so if you type your favourite flavours into the search box you get loads of potential recipes to try. They will give you a good idea of the approximate amounts you need as a good start guide and then just keep tinkering until you get your recipes how you like them.

After 6 months I'm now making 250ml bottles for around £6.60 and I'm really enjoying the flavour I'm getting.

Also, so far no one has mentioned scales. Trying to measure everything out using syringes and pippettes etc is a pain in the bum. A decent, accurate set of scales is pretty cheap and they will make everything so way,way easier and quicker.

Anything else you need help with, just ask and people on here will be more than happy to help.

Once you get into it I'm sure you really enjoy it so good luck on you mixing journey. :)

So its been at least 3 weeks steeping for my diy and to be honest somethings not right.
I mixed all to 70/30 vg/pg and there is a harshness with all of them so I know its not the flavour concentrates as they were all different brands.
Its got to be the vg and pg I got from Vapable. A harshness and when the tank is almost empty its like there are water droplets on the side of the tank, so wtf do they do with the base pg and vg? Maybe they add diluent? Really disappointed

I would be an idea to vape a tank of pure VG just to clarify that that is the culprit :)

I was suspecting the pg but will try what you said. Should also say the nic was 100%vg also

I had harsh home made eliquid when I made my 1st mix and that did turn out to be the flavour concentrate, it was easy enough to find out what was causing it by vaping the base by its self.

I use a lot of the concentrates from Vapable and some of them can be a little harsh, the latest harsh one was tangerine from Wonder flavours so I'm not saying its not the flavour but you can work it out with process of elimination.

Back
Top Bottom