What's new

Cheap Dremel Mixer

peps1

Postman
Saw this, and thought some people may want to give it a go.

Just a 3mm stateless steel rod in a Dremel (looks like they are only a couple of quid on ebay)

Od6h9aL.gif

Or just cut the end of a cotton bud, and fan it out. Whack it in a dremil or battery drill and works a treat. Costs pennies :D

Attachments

• 1431714148695.jpg
    1431714148695.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 1431714160125.jpg
    1431714160125.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 196
Or just cut the end of a cotton bud, and fan it out. Whack it in a dremil or battery drill and works a treat. Costs pennies :D

Was just thinking a single rod was a little less faffing around. (personally I use a hot plate stirrer, as I tend to mix over 100ml)

I watched that video on youtube with the cotton bud stirrer great idea.
I'm new to mixing myself and done my first lot last night to try, pretty impressed if I do say so myself.
I also watched another video in that one this chap used a £2 milk frother off eBay he said he can reduce a 3 week steep time for custards down to 4 days don't know if that's true or not but I got one anyway !

I watched that video on youtube with the cotton bud stirrer great idea.
I'm new to mixing myself and done my first lot last night to try, pretty impressed if I do say so myself.
I also watched another video in that one this chap used a £2 milk frother off eBay he said he can reduce a 3 week steep time for custards down to 4 days don't know if that's true or not but I got one anyway !

Like a lot of things in the vaping world, the answer to that is it depends on many variables/and taste is subjective.

The trouble with just mixing with a frother/stick/cotton bud over just letting it sit in a dark place steeping over time is oxidation of the flavoring, and allowing some aroma to dull, some need to oxidize to reach the appropriate flavor, some flavoring needs to be extracted in something, alcohols, PG-free flavorings etc.

There are just to many variables to say you can reduce a 3 week steep time for custards down to 4 days.....maybe with some recipes you can, but certainly not all!

Personally, I think heat is a important element in trying to speed up a steep time, As you increase the temperature the rate of reaction increases. As a rough approximation, for many reactions happening at around room temperature, the rate of reaction doubles for every 10°C rise in temperature (this is a really rough approximation, and you have to make sure you don't go over a temperature that will damage the Flavor Concentrates) but if you ask most people with hotbaths, crockpots or a hot plate stirrer, they will sware by using a little heat to get things going and reduce steep time.

Ah that's interesting I will bare that in mind not a great lover of custards myself mainly got it for a cheap stirrer.
I made a 10ml bottle of toonz last night and was pretty dissapointed at first as it wasn't very nice tried it this morning and it's spot on.
As you say there's so many variables involved but it's so much more satisfying than popping out for a quick fag like I used to.

I personally can't go near tobacco flavours now it's fruit and sweets all the way !

A coffee frother works for me,gets loads of air in but I mix 100ml at a time so it gets a long steep anyway as I'm always a bottle behind on my adv,s

I have a coffee frother again couple of quid from ebay... if making bigger batches it's all I use... I don't intentionally steep juices...most get made up and left for a while though as I always have several on the go...

A coffee frother works for me,gets loads of air in but I mix 100ml at a time so it gets a long steep anyway as I'm always a bottle behind on my adv,s

I have a coffee frother again couple of quid from ebay... if making bigger batches it's all I use... I don't intentionally steep juices...most get made up and left for a while though as I always have several on the go...

Have you found using a coffee frother affecting the flavour much over stirring?

Have been put off using them as they add some much air to the liquid, and worry that will dull some of the aroma molecules and nicotine.

Have you found using a coffee frother affecting the flavour much over stirring?

Have been put off using them as they add some much air to the liquid, and worry that will dull some of the aroma molecules and nicotine.

I tried a frother last year while making some custard.
Made 100ml and decanted 50ml into another bottle (i use wide neck glass jars)
I used the frother on 1 bottle and just left the other to steep.
Iirc i seen this recommended on a Lordy video, and he said to froth until cloudy, leave till clear and froth it again.

After 1 week, the frothed custard was darker, as i presume the frothing introduces more air bubbles, and speeds up oxidisation.
However it tasted virtually the same as the unfrothed custard, oh and not ready lol

I tried them every week after, and at 4 weeks both custards still tasted the same, but as before the frothered one was darker.
So its just my opinion, but i dont think it speeds up steeping.

Back
Top Bottom